Another newbie

Options
Hi
I decided to take up cycling and got my mountain bike this week. Took it out for a ride twice this weekend but I'm quite green.

I'm looking into joining a club in my area - Centurion South Africa
Any advise and motivation will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well congrats on the new bike, its always exciting to get new "toys". Sorry cant help much with club advice in South Africa. But would be happy to help answer bike related questins.

Chris
  • MMarais
    Options
    Thank you
    I'm quite impressed that I managed to go for three rides this week and hope to work in another this afternoon.
    Planning on taking the family riding in a reserve this weekend don't know how it will go with the little ones.

Think it's time for cycling shoes, any suggestions?
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Think it's time for cycling shoes, any suggestions?

Decide on your budget, including whatever is needed for cleats should you be using "clip in" pedals - then go to a GOOD local bike shop and try as many pairs as you need to do, to get something that fits properly. Anything that involves a personal fit is incredibly difficult to recommend.

However - we all probably have our favourites - and from a "build quality" point of view, I doubt you'd go wrong with anything from Specialized, Sidi, or Shimano... though probably only one of the three are built on a "last" that's a close fit to your own foot-shape.