UK Singles?

Options

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Probably because British girls are suckers for American accents :P At least in my experience : /

Are British men suckers for girls with American accents?

Oooh, Anna, I agree about the Irish!
  • Scottish_Lass
    Options
    Hahaha this topic gave me a good giggle! I love the banter from you guys. Hello from Scotland! My name is Lauren, 22yr old recently single lass here :)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Okay. We've met our quota of Brits. We'll mark it off on the diversity forms. Now go hide somewhere. :tongue: :laugh: :bigsmile:

You know what they say about you Yanks: Oversexed, Overpaid and Overposting :tongue: :laugh:

I wish I was oversexed and overpaid :(

I hear ya sister! :laugh:

:laugh: I was gonna say, I'm moving to America if that's the case!! :bigsmile:

How is it even possible to be over sexed?? I've been meeting the wrong guys! :sad:

I'm not sure HOW you can be "oversexed", but I'd be willing to try it...

I don't think there is such a thing as being "over paid " though...
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Probably because British girls are suckers for American accents :P At least in my experience : /

So what does it take to get a work visa for the UK?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this topic gave me a good giggle! I love the banter from you guys. Hello from Scotland! My name is Lauren, 22yr old recently single lass here :)

Hey Lauren

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options

Are British men suckers for girls with American accents?

Oooh, Anna, I agree about the Irish!

You know, what, yeah I am. Love a sexy American accent XD
  • meem548
    meem548 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Emma or Em, I'm 31 and in Gloucestershire! I am single too! :)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I think the question is; are American girls suckers for a brit accent? :)
    Heard they are; but then sadly my accent is a bit 'mongrel' and strange even if that is the case (brought up in Papua New Guinea with lots of Australian friends, then moved to Essex for teenager years.)

Anyway - another single brit - currently on exile from the South in West Yorkshire!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Hey Em & Geebus!

But your coats, scarves and hats on and enjoy the winter ride in peeps - looks like it starts Friday!! :sad:

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I think the question is; are American girls suckers for a brit accent? :)

Without a doubt
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Ahem.. British boys.. meet Canadian girls. Especially those of us with dual UK citizenship. We have an "American accent" (to your ears pehaps), spell things properly (colour!!) and have just enough English in us to know what you are going on about. Best of both worlds, no? :wink:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Ahem.. British boys.. meet Canadian girls. Especially those of us with dual UK citizenship. We have an "American accent" (to your ears pehaps), spell things properly (colour!!) and have just enough English in us to know what you are going on about. Best of both worlds, no? :wink:

But SB, do you say "couldn't care less" or "could care less"?? This is the ultimate test of the Queen's English......:noway: :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like the term "American accent" is a bit too broad? Americans have accents and cultural slang that vary from state to state. Californian (what I got stuck with :frown: ), Texan, New England, New York! I think people think of west coast when they think of "American" accents, and I blame Hollywood for that.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

But SB, do you say "couldn't care less" or "could care less"?? This is the ultimate test of the Queen's English......:noway: :laugh:

I think that's obvious, it's couldn't care less - because if you could care less, that means you care on some level.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like the term "American accent" is a bit too broad? Americans have accents and cultural slang that vary from state to state. Californian (what I got stuck with :frown: ), Texan, New England, New York! I think people think of west coast when they think of "American" accents, and I blame Hollywood for that.

Its funny for me becausing living in south florida we are constantly surrounded by different accents. People tell me I sound like the T.V. but I do have a tendancy to pick up whoevers accent Im talking to
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

I think that's obvious, it's couldn't care less - because if you could care less, that means you care on some level.

Exactly!!! :flowerforyou: But I've really lost count of the amount of times I've seen it the 'American' way. Google says it's an 'Americanism' :noway:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Very true (when I was 8 we drove from California to New york over 6 weeks or so and saw the vast array of well, everything the US has to offer!)
    However, the same for the UK, despite it's significantly more compact nature, we manage a massive variation in accents.
    Moving 200 miles north and I'd have probably understood people in New York better.

Oh and yes, always like the idea of Canada too :).

Is looking like it's getting a bit nippy AnnaPixie - need to convince myself to man up and not get a 'turbo trainer' to cycle indoors :).
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Same as Britain, we have many, many different regional accents. Even London has different accents, ranging from East - cockney to West -Queens. I've been told by an American that I sound like an Australian!! :noway:

I think I could definitely tell a NY Bronx accent. Also, a Southern twang. Jim explained the North accent but I cant really hear the difference and I certainly can't tell American from Canadian!! :huh:

(ducking from SB** :wink: )
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Same as Britain, we have many, many different regional accents. Even London has different accents, ranging from East - cockney to West -Queens. I've been told by an American that I sound like an Australian!! :noway:

I think I could definitely tell a NY Bronx accent. Also, a Southern twang. Jim explained the North accent but I cant really hear the difference and I certainly can't tell American from Canadian!! :huh:

(ducking from SB** :wink: )

Good to know that about different accents in there too - is it as radically different as I believe "southern" and Hollywoodians tend to be?

(Forgive me, I spent more of my time in Germany rather than the UK)
    All I know about Canadians I got from South Park. They say "Eh?" a lot and pronounce "ou" as "oo" rather than "ow" HOW ABOOT THAT, EH!? S'quite fun!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Haha. Don't forget the aussie accent :tongue: