Your goals/challenges!

Options
I've always been kind of curious as to what goals people have set themselves, or challenges they're part of - so I'd like to hear yours, be it one goal or many!

I'm not just talking about goal weight here - we already have a thread for that. I'm talking (for example) "lose xx lbs before January 1st 2013", or "be able to do 100 push ups before ((date))".

And here's where it gets fun; if you don't have a goal yet, make one, no matter how small or how big! :D

Mine is to get out of the 200's by November. :)
19th of September
Weight: 207.2 lbs.

26th of September:
Weight: 204.3 lbs.
(- 4.1 lbs)

To go: 4.7 lbs.

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    OOO!!!!! Ok Here goes, to do exercise every day of next week, at least 30 minutes each day. I know I am a whimp. but I start off well and then it just sort of stops. That is starting tomorrow after weigh in.
  • kuzurichan
    Options
    OOO!!!!! Ok Here goes, to do exercise every day of next week, at least 30 minutes each day. I know I am a whimp. but I start off well and then it just sort of stops. That is starting tomorrow after weigh in.

That's not whimpy! :D Good luck with it! <3
  • emmalilypad
    emmalilypad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to reach my weight goal by Christmas and be able to hold a 2 minutes plank by Thanksgiving!

One more general goal, since I've started this I feel like I've begun to resent food and I know that's not healthy. So my last goal is to be friends with food and not feel so guilty about wanting to indulge every once in a while. Does that makes any sense?
  • trixiemou
    Options
    It certainly does, apart from the two minute plank- Agh!!! (only kidding).
  • emmalilypad
    emmalilypad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Haha, I know what you mean! I HATE planks, but I want toned abs.
  • akb130
    akb130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    With a few 5k races and a half marathon under my belt, I would like to complete the BIG one next fall. A full marathon. Have to have goals to keep the motivation going, right? That should keep me running anyways!
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    oooooh looovee this thread! makes my mini goals kinda set in stone, LOVE IT!
    okay mine is to be able to get through level 1 & 2 of extreme shed and shred all in one hit by the end of next week annd i want to weigh 133lb by october the 28th if i can! im 137 at the mo so thats 4lb :)

xxxx
  • trixiemou
    Options
    HI, how is everyone doing?

I have managed so far to do my exercise for at least half an hour each day. It has been a bit of a chore as my back is a bit off so have just done walking. Last night was more of a stroll with friends but am still classing it as part of my goal. I also have to admit that I have been as good as I have because I said I would on here and have even made hubby come with me haha.

Hope you are good!
  • re_freshME
    Options
    Hello! My goal for an every week's agenda is to do at least three times a week of cycling class. I have been having problems losing my stomach fat. I want to be toned in the ab areas, thighs, and buttocks. I noticed that cycling has done a lot of good things for me with that.
  • kuzurichan
    Options
    HI, how is everyone doing?

I have managed so far to do my exercise for at least half an hour each day. It has been a bit of a chore as my back is a bit off so have just done walking. Last night was more of a stroll with friends but am still classing it as part of my goal. I also have to admit that I have been as good as I have because I said I would on here and have even made hubby come with me haha.

Hope you are good!

You're doing great, then! :D The exercise I get consists mainly of walking/strolls, so I'd definitely classify it as part of your goal! :)

I'm getting along great! :D I set myself another goal of reaching a 20 inch loss before the middle of the month, and I've reached that! I've also lost an additional 2.2 lbs since Friday, so I only have 2.5 lbs to go before reaching 200! :D

Hope the rest of you are good as well!
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Ah nice one maybe this is the week for you!

I unfortunately put a pound on last week. Did my exercises for five out of the seven days so not too bad. Took my measurements this morning and am 1/2 inch down on both my hips and thigh, so chuffed with that. This will be one on my goals for the up and coming months to take my measurements each first Friday in the month. Wish I could stay off the scale that long.

This week I need to make a start on the Jillian Micheals 30D work out, have looked at it and now is the time to start, so three days this week minimum is this weeks goal!

Hope everyone is fit and well
    x
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This is a great straightforward group! Love it :smile:

My Starting weight is 154.4
    (My heaviest was 162)

After sustaining a back injury I have gained maybe 2-3 pounds and lost some muscle. But I am gaining it back!!! I refuse to Yo-Yo again! NO WAY!!

Goals: To be 140 by December, which I think is very attainable for me! Then hopefully I can be my Ultimate goal by Jan-Feb which is 133!!!
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Hi everyone, we seem to have been a little quiet. Hello 13inchesto go, nice that you have joined us here.
    I am about to day day10level 1 of the 30DS. So my next aim is to get level 2 completed with less time off. My weight has not moved mucha little down, a little up, the same couple of pounds. Dont mind too much but I would like it shifted.

Hope you are all well and motivated.

talk soon
  • kuzurichan
    Options
    This is a great straightforward group! Love it :smile:

My Starting weight is 154.4
    (My heaviest was 162)

After sustaining a back injury I have gained maybe 2-3 pounds and lost some muscle. But I am gaining it back!!! I refuse to Yo-Yo again! NO WAY!!

Goals: To be 140 by December, which I think is very attainable for me! Then hopefully I can be my Ultimate goal by Jan-Feb which is 133!!!

I know you can do it! :D You're an amazing, determined person, and I know you'll reach your goal. :) Good luck! :D
  • trixiemou
    Options
    HI everyone,

Well we are now into November. October was not such a good month for me as far as weight loss was concerned. I have put the same couple of pounds on as I have taken off and there is an increase of 1-2 lb. Having said that, I have exercised a lot more, which is good, so it may be muscle. I understand that that is the theory, just not sure if I have actually worked hard enough yet to start building muscle.

So for November, I have joined a group for No Weigh November. My scales are hidden. I have taken my measurements, which is something I was going to do monthly in any case. There was a lovely loss over all of at least an inch. I have also now taken and recorded my measurements so I know for definite how I am doing for November.

Hope this doesn't sound like I am being a Moaning Minnie. I am very positive about this and absolutely love talking to everyone on here.

How are you all doing and here's to a lovely month!

Talk soon
    Tricia