tattoo question

Options
MaxsVeganMama
MaxsVeganMama Posts: 15 Member
i wanna get my son and hubbys name tattoed on my.... where should i get it.... one name on each hip... or one name on inner ankle one name on outer ankle

Replies

• delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    the only advice i would give is think about if you have any other kids and where will their tattoo go .i had a lower back design for my 2 kids when me and the wife decided on no more babies .10 years later SURPRISE BABY i cant add to the piece on my back so now have to get a new one designed just for her .

sorry cant be more help
  • puttingmyselfoutthere
    puttingmyselfoutthere Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My friend got tattoos on her outer ankles of her two kids.. and now she is pregnant for her third. I don't know where she is getting that one! My advice is to make sure you have a place that is adaptable for more babies ;) You could always get a name bracelet .. my friend has one of those and its really pretty.
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    I got my daughters footprint on my shoulder blade (pic in profile) and when she learns to write ill have her write her name and then get it inked above the foot print. Like everyone else Id advise making it somewhere you can add to it unless you are or will be getting fixed :P with mine i figured id add foot prints like theyre walking up my back. I however cant have more kids so 1 footprint it is!

As for the hubby Im not sure :/ do u have existing ink? if so where? I told my husband Id get his name inked to my chest for our 50th wedding anniversary xD Im not big on getting SO's names inked but I did get a tattoo to represent the marriage.
  • war1575
    war1575 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Judging from your profile pics you already have a few tattoos, so where you get them will all depend on what you already have, what you intend to get later and as previously stated before, whether or not you'll have more kids.

IMO, never get a spouse/significant other's name tattooed on you. I know it sounds superstitious, but the only people's names you should tattoo on you are you parents or your kids. You can't break-up with your kids, you can't divorce your mom and dad. I'm not in any way saying your marriage isn't strong, I'm sure it is; but why take a chance?

I've been a tattoo enthusiast for years (i have over 50 hours of tattoos on me) and I have plenty of friends that own tattoo shops; they will all tell you the tattoos to avoid are chinese/japanese kanji, splash zone, barbed wire and spouses names.

That's my $.02
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Judging from your profile pics you already have a few tattoos, so where you get them will all depend on what you already have, what you intend to get later and as previously stated before, whether or not you'll have more kids.

IMO, never get a spouse/significant other's name tattooed on you. I know it sounds superstitious, but the only people's names you should tattoo on you are you parents or your kids. You can't break-up with your kids, you can't divorce your mom and dad. I'm not in any way saying your marriage isn't strong, I'm sure it is; but why take a chance?

I've been a tattoo enthusiast for years (i have over 50 hours of tattoos on me) and I have plenty of friends that own tattoo shops; they will all tell you the tattoos to avoid are chinese/japanese kanji, splash zone, barbed wire and spouses names.

That's my $.02

I agree with this.... as much as you love the person your with, i find that once someone gets a tattoo of their name thats it it normally ends (i know some people dont but a lot of the time it does happen)
  • TattoodITGuy
    Options
    My wife and I got matching armbands with our first letter in the middle. Both our first names start the the same letter so IF anything happens its ok.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

That's my $.02

I agree with this.... as much as you love the person your with, i find that once someone gets a tattoo of their name thats it it normally ends (i know some people dont but a lot of the time it does happen)

Yes! Kids' names are great, but nothing else! I was with my last husband for almost ten years. Got his signature and our anniversary date tattooed on my chest. That's right, last husband, as in not my current one. Now I'm stuck with this on my chest. He's even worse off, because now he has my name, signature, and portrait on him. Believe me, that is really awkward once you are re-married.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i think the name of your husband is fine. even if you divorce, he clearly meant enough to you and made a huge imprint on your life that a tattoo isn't so bad, even if you end up divorcing. and if it is that bad then you can get it covered.

some people get the names placed in something, so that they can add....ie. balloons, leaves on a tree

as for the placement, you can really put them anywhere!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

What's splash zone?

Also, I'd humbly submit "butterflies" to that list. Every artist I've ever met sighs when the girl they are working with says they want a butterfly........you know....for transformation......
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options

What's splash zone?

Also, I'd humbly submit "butterflies" to that list. Every artist I've ever met sighs when the girl they are working with says they want a butterfly........you know....for transformation......

I think we can add random stars and nautical stars to that list.
    A few of our artist friends do the same thing when someone wants stars.

(Even though I have a few stars... I've had them for almost 8 years now)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ugh i have a nautical star in my defense it was my second tattoo and i was younger and dumb
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Nobody will answer about splash zone? I've googled and come up with nothing.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with just getting your kids' name, you can think you will be with someone for ever but it all may change and that name will be there permenantly. :(