The numbers really add up...

Options
Yesterday my coach randomly chose a WOD from our WOD books from 2-3 months ago just so we could get an idea of how we are progressing. Mine was one I did back on July 25th and was an 18 min AMRAP of:

-3 power cleans
-6 clapping pushups
-9 jumping squats
-12 ab mat sit ups

In July I completed 9 rounds. Yesterday I did 11.

Now as I'm reveling in the fact that my legs are sore from all the jumping squats I started thinking about it a different way... in reality I did:

- 33 power cleans
- 66 clapping push ups (on my knees)
- 99 jumping squats
- 132 sit ups

5 months ago, I would have NEVER even thought about doing a workout like this on my own... in 18 minutes no less!

Just one more reason why I am totally in love with CrossFit :love:

Replies

• Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    That's a great way to look at it! And way to go on the WOD!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I always get yelled at for multiplying out the reps and rounds... :/ I guess 10 rounds of something involving 12 burpees doesn't sound nearly as bad as 120 burpees.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...yeah, I guess we could have a club of us that go through and think about the numbers...before, during, after....
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    We did Deck of Cards today... I purposely didn't before the WOD add up how many reps it would total. Have to say it was a good WOD.

84 reps each of squat, lunges, double unders, and situps. Plus 2 jokers thrown in there for good measure. Joker = 10 burpees

Had you asked me 6 months ago to do 84 situps I would have laughed at you and that's not including everything else.
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Awesome progression. I love Crossfit as well. keep it up