Season 3 - Episode 2 "Sick" (10/21/12)

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 10/21/12 episode

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-302-the-walking-dead-sick

Promo from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vKw62HvjsTI

Replies

• JordanSky26
    JordanSky26 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can't wait I hope Hershel isn't dead.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    * biting her nails* I can't wait! I'm hoping to see more of Andrea and Michonne.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    zombie shanking ftw!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    ok...so we see again where they care if they are bit/scratched...if they are alread infected why do they care? i can understand if the injury leads to blood loss and death but the big guys scratch/bite shouldnt have been a problem right? what am i missing?
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have such a hard on for Rick right now!!!!!!!!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    ok...so we see again where they care if they are bit/scratched...if they are alread infected why do they care? i can understand if the injury leads to blood loss and death but the big guys scratch/bite shouldnt have been a problem right? what am i missing?
    My understanding - even though they are infected, unless they are bitten or die they won't become zombies merely by carrying the infection. So that's why they cut of Hersels leg and killed the prisioner - they still understand that if you are bit or scratched, you will become a zombie.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    My understanding - even though they are infected, unless they are bitten or die they won't become zombies merely by carrying the infection. So that's why they cut of Hersels leg and killed the prisioner - they still understand that if you are bit or scratched, you will become a zombie.

but whats in the bite that turns them into a zombie? it seems like a giant plot hole.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    remember jim from season 1? he also died from a non lethal zombie bit and t-dog has almost died from a non lethal scratch on the arm. it isnt so much the bite or scratch that kills them but the normal infections that very easily come along with accidental wounds and the fact that no one has antibiotics to treat those infections for the most part.

i would imagine the inside of a zombie mouth to have a zillion times more germs than the broken window t-dog cut himself on. after all, zombies are essentially decaying decaying flesh that's been eating raw meat
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    remember jim from season 1? he also died from a non lethal zombie bit and t-dog has almost died from a non lethal scratch on the arm. it isnt so much the bite or scratch that kills them but the normal infections that very easily come along with accidental wounds and the fact that no one has antibiotics to treat those infections for the most part.

i would imagine the inside of a zombie mouth to have a zillion times more germs than the broken window t-dog cut himself on. after all, zombies are essentially decaying decaying flesh that's been eating raw meat

that makes sense but if thats the case they could have waited to kill Big Tiny and hoped they'd find antibiotics in the infirmary.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options

that makes sense but if thats the case they could have waited to kill Big Tiny and hoped they'd find antibiotics in the infirmary.

do you think rick would waste HIS antibiotics on big tiny? maybe season 1/season 2 rick would....

ETA i wouldnt be surprised if rick's plan all along was to get rid of the prisoners and take ALL the food anyway
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    i get what you are saying i guess i wish it was a little more logical...like if the zombies are so contagious then they wouldnt be so cavalier in killing them with blood and guts spraying everywhere....i would wear eye protection and a face scarf to keep splatter out of my eyes and mouth...

anyway...im liking nuRick. all business. if he is really concerned about the group he'll smother Herschel in the night to get him to change and then finish him off so they arent held back by him.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Rick is a bad *kitten* you go boy
  • uglydeuce
    uglydeuce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice Merle in the preview for next week!? He was also in the clip from next week on the Talking Dead episode. I'm so stoked to see him again! Things are going to go crazy.

Man, and I just have to say... I feel horrible for the last two prisoners. Poor guys.

And any thoughts on what was peering at Carol?
  • uglydeuce
    Options

do you think rick would waste HIS antibiotics on big tiny? maybe season 1/season 2 rick would....

ETA i wouldnt be surprised if rick's plan all along was to get rid of the prisoners and take ALL the food anyway

I don't think he'd do that still. Season 3 Rick has only been lashing out if something is a danger to the group. Now if food supplies get crazy low then its a possibility but if hes unprovoked then I kinda see him leaving them alone.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Another great episode tonight!

I like the new little bad-*kitten* Carl.
    Was half hoping when Lori gave Hershel mouth to mouth that he had turned and was going to eat Loris face.
    Its nice to see Rick making better decisions, and losing his "we don't kill the living" attitude.
    My favorite kill of the episode was when he whacked Tomas with the machete.
    But who was creeping out Carol while she was playing doctor on the zombie corpse?
    I wouldn't mind seeing her get eaten. She's whiny and weak.
  • uglydeuce
    Options
    At least now Carol can now play backup medic! I was begging for her to get offed in season 2. Stupid Sophia...
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options

Was half hoping when Lori gave Hershel mouth to mouth that he had turned and was going to eat Loris face.
    Its nice to see Rick making better decisions, and losing his "we don't kill the living" attitude.
    But who was creeping out Carol while she was playing doctor on the zombie corpse?

It's like you read my mind! lolol Also may I add that I was pleased to see Herschel survive and it gave me great satisfaction when Rick blew off Lori at the end and treated her like she was just another part of the group!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

It's like you read my mind! lolol Also may I add that I was pleased to see Herschel survive and it gave me great satisfaction when Rick blew off Lori at the end and treated her like she was just another part of the group!

I like you two :)

Maybe Carol's Creeper is Merle.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    They're all infected. If they die, they will come back as zombies. BUT, from my understanding... a bite or scratch is fatal, like the rabies virus, or maybe more like snake venom. Rick was able to lop off Hershel's leg to prevent the venom/virus from getting into his blood stream, from reaching his brain or heart. When he stopped breathing, it was just from shock/blood loss/trauma and not from zombie fever.

But Big Tiny's scratches weren't on an extremity, so there was no way to amputate.

I knew Tomas needed killing. I didn't think it would happen that fast. And I was surprised Rick didn't let the guy who ran back inside. Rick's getting harder.

And Carl is becoming useful.
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Loved the episode! I also admit that when Herschel grabbed Lori during mouth-to-mouth, I had my arms in the air screaming and cheering like my football team scored a touchdown. I was hoping she was a goner.

I'm liking the new Rick, and I was surprised he killed Tomas.