It begins..

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    This was the idea of Hadunka and I just picked a name and created the group because I didn't see Hadunka on for a few days and I'm impatient. LoL!

@ Tim HI! Welcome to the group :]
    15lbs sounds perfect for you oh wow. You don't look 46 either! I'd love to be from the UK, but sadly when I am my accent is fake ;] Luck to you!

@ Mel It is okay if you don't lose 15lbs! It was just a goal so we can reach high and of course the real goal is to do your best to be healthy and exercise when you can you know! :] No worries! I wish you luck. <3

@ Hayley Well maybe this is your winning group? lol. I'm 22 as well! :] Lose 17 and I will be extra impressed.

@ dancerom 7kg for Christmas works :] You are nearly at my goal weight now ! I'm 5'4" though and I wish you luck to whatever you want to achieve this year. Love to dance too.

@ Krissy haha Hayley said that too! I live nearby in Chicago! Navy sounds like an experience fro sure and I'm sure you can make it and if you join you will be in the best shape of your life lol

@ starckie17 5lbs is a wonderful loss still! Congrats and lets try for a few more :] Im sure members can give you some tips on how to unstick the scale too.

@ Heidi (bluedrinkgirl) That sadly cracked me up lol I have been there but it is sad. I still find it funny how you put it tho "unfortunately everyone became unmotivated" LOL. Let that not happen this time.

@ ChocFiend No excuses yet missy. ;] You can lose while on a holiday! Walk walk walk while you explore :] OR work your hardest when you return.

@ LeAnn (LeeKeplar) I have a friend from Kansas living in our place at the moment. I'm sure you can make it and make your kids proud of your hard work! :]

@ Laura I love New Years! Would love to add you and I definitely need some support lol & someone to tell me to stick to it when I'm stressed.

@ Betancourta22 Love your ID for some reason. lol. 34lbs in 4 months is spectacular! You need to share your plan ;] I lost that in 3 months in high school, but with 2 kids I find it difficult to find the same about of time I had previously.

@ jnoring Bonjour! Is your hair red? If so, lucky! Lots of luck in this little self challenge :]

@ Josiegrammer I love that goal because if I lost 30lbs by april I would be nearly my goal weight by my birthday (April 6)

@ alettep We all slack sometimes, except those few superhero type people. No worries. Just look ahead of you and to your goal now and I'm sure you will succeed!

@ fitmama1975 I hear a lot about holiday's being difficult. I think I lot weight last November though and I was pregnant. Lol. I'm very active around Thanksgiving and Christmas time. We spent 10hrs straight last time preparing gifts and food and then we also go to blackfriday sales for hours at a time! Lots of walking for us. You're on my list and I read that you were a personal trainer? I considered that at one point.

@ jltookes I would UP the calories because under 1,200 with all that exercise is a bit low. Love the water intake. You measure yourself or just weight? I will post a measurements board later today. I wonder if you lost inches, but gains some muscle? I think I will start a separate group for losing INCHES before Christmas now :]

@ fitKT2B Well time to unstall it! I wish you luck, but I'm sure you won't need it. Just a lot of motivation.

@ jlgranola That is SPECTACULAR! I definitely think you are one of the biggest inspirations here then. It would be amazing if we can help you get to your goal asap as a present!

@ mjmarmon Work it out! We have similar goals and current weights, but I'm 5'4" not sure about you. Good luck and we will see where this takes us.
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Lacey. 15lbs is about what I have left to go to get to my goal weight so that would be wonderful. I was doing good for a while, but slacked off do to a new relationship, college, and work. Long story short, relationship ended pretty roughly a few days ago and I'm motivated to get my life back on track. I'm currently 5'2'' 130lbs and my goal weight is 115lbs. I'm 22 years old today so I guess it can be a birthday resolution =)
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I think this is a great way to enter the New Year... having already lost weight! Woohoo!

I'm 27, living in New York,
    CW: 215 lbs.
    GW: 199.9 lbs. (Ok, I'm pushing it a bit, but I'd really like to be under 200 lbs by Christmas. That would be the best Christmas present ever!)
  • crazyjewl521
    crazyjewl521 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, folks... all about this! Glad I found this group :) Started another challenge with a friend today too, so perfect timing!

My goal is 20lbs by Xmas. I figure it's 9.5 weeks away - that's just a little over 2lbs a week. Totally do-able.

Ready? GO!

Gooooooood luck guys!!!! :)
  • sandracline
    Options
    Hi!! I'm In. I'm working on losing the weight already. How fun to have a goal and a group to do it together with.

To 15 lb by Christmas! Cheers!

Sandy
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    THE TIME IS NOW!! I've been saying that for a year (okay, 5) and I'm ready to actually make now NOW. I'm going to work really hard and drop these last 15-20lbs that I just don't want anymore. This would be a WONDERUL Christmas gift to myself. And cheaper than some of the other things I want. Teehee! I am in another group that is a 3 month self challenge, and I've dropped almost zero pounds since starting about 3 months ago (although, I'm lifting weights now, so I'm feeling fitter, and I feel like things are shifting, but it's time to see the scale dropping, too). So it's time. This is an awesome idea, and I love having people I can check in with and have keep me accountable.

Here are my stats as of today. Yay!
    Height: 5'7"
    Starting Weight: 154
    Goal Weight: a solid 140- meaning when I'm up, it's at 140, and when I'm down it's in the high 139's
    Oh, and I'm 30

Cheers to being fit by the end of 2012!! :drinker: (although I'll need to cheers with bubbly water, as beer is one of my obstacles. Even one a night is enough to keep me from losing weight! *Sob*)

:heart:
    Sonja
  • Ta_Mo
    Ta_Mo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm Tábata and I'm 21 years old!! My current weight is 131,2 kg( is around 289 lbs) and I'm wanting to lose between 6-9 kgs (10-20 lbs) until Christmas. Good luck to us all!! :smile:
  • patricegodfrey
    Options
    I'm excited ... I am 38 years old and my goal is to be at 130 lbs by June 2013.
    My current weight is 184
    My goal weight is 130
    So losing 15 lbs by Christmas will put me at 169lbs
    I'm 5'4 and ready to start this journey with the help of you guys.
    Thanks in advance
    Patrice
  • lizzy755
    Options
    I'm in :)

Height: 5'10"
    SW: 195lbs
    CW: will let you know tomorrow! I moved recently and left my scales with my parents so have to go to Boots once a week!
    GW: 154lbs/11 stone

November is national/international vegan month so I'm going to be giving that a try. I'm already vegetarian but cutting out cheese will be really hard for me, but hopefully worth it!

Good luck everyone!
  • SJiqbal
    SJiqbal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I had set myself a Xmas challenge but this is much better... All of us together lol.

Height: 5"5
    SW: 196
    CW: 194
    GW: 133

So there's 9 and a half weeks to go... That's enough time! Come on guys, we can do this!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    @ Taterpoof I'm sorry to hear you went through a rought time lately, but happy birthday to you! We're the same age now too, so that makes you even more awesome than you were ;]

@ AMBlass I have always wanted to visit New York. 999.9lbs is the best goal I have seen! LOL I would smile so big if you can get it exactly on that to the dot you know

@ crazyjewl521 I just read "crazyjew" lol! I was like, that is a little anti-semetic for a Christmas group isn't it? lmso. Then I realized I'm just a little crazy myself. It sounds like a difficult plan, but a plan.

@ sandracline I loved the show Cheers Lol Luck!

@ skruger22 NO beer for you lol You need to keep your eye on the prize ;] You can too so no worries and lifting weights is awesome. You may be another person who needs the lose inches by Christmas group instead of pounds

@ Ta_Mo Nice realistic plan! 10lbs is even better, but I didn't choose the #, just the name :]

@ patricegodfre I'm 5'4" too and I started around 185 when I started to diet after my first baby, but your 15lb loss will help you beat the 180s and the 170s!

@ lizzy755 I'm a vegetarian too, but whew I don't know if I can lose the cheese, but good luck to you!

@ SJiqbal I love your spirit! Woo go team us Lol
  • estellem75
    estellem75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This will give me even more motivation. At present my stats are SW 164 but then I gained 1lb, CW 161 and my target is 145. Got my original stone to llbs conversion mixed up previously as I thought I wanted to be 150 so will have to work a little bit harder and longer to reach 145. Good luck everyone.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    It would be a miracle if I could drop 15 pounds by Christmas. I am 49 years & old 5' 4" and I weighed 129.8 last Saturday. I only weigh in once a week and I've been at this weight for about 5 weeks now. My goal is to lose 15. Maybe this is the challenge I need. If I could drop 9 or 10 by then it will be good. How often are we going to checking in with our progress?
  • carmencc26
    Options
    Reading everyone's posts is great motivation. I am excited for this challenge. I would love to be down 15 lbs by x-mas. I am 32 5' 2".... I had my son in April and went from 140 to 210 lbs :noway: ( had gained 10 lbs then found out I was preggo, I was 130 lbs 6 months before that.) Now it's time to get back down to my normal size where my body is comfortable and I am comfortable.

SW: 160 (two weeks ago!)
    CW: 158
    If I lose 15 lbs by x-mas it will put me at 143...only 13 lbs away from my goal!!
    Goal: 130
  • Suttonraine
    Suttonraine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Tiffany and I so need this challenge. I just began a 90 day challenge however it would be Awesome to lose 15lbs by Christmas!

Height: 5'6 1/2
    SW: 154
    CW: 150
    GOAL: 135 (solid)

To reach my goal I plan to lose at least 1.5lbs a week. For a total of 6lbs a month. I am very active now- working out 5 days a week. I love fitness classes (Zumba, bootylicious, Boxercise, etc). I just need motivation from people who share a common goal.

Lets D This! Get Up and Get Moving!
  • sollalala
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Solveig, from Watford, England. This group is an awesome idea. Exactly what I wanted (and needed!!)

My stats:
    Height: 177cm (5'9)
    Starting weight: 125kgs
    Goal weight for christmas: 115kgs

That's about 22 pounds! I want to aim high, so wish me luck! And good luck to everyone! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • lizzy755
    Options
    CW: 172lbs
    GW: 157lbs
  • cranjo773
    cranjo773 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello! I am just joining today, starting all new in trying to track my foods and lose the weight. I think that this group's goal is a great idea!
  • MakeitaHABITwithHeather
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heather, 5'8", 24 years old and ready to reach my goal by Christmas!

SW:185
    CW:158
    GW: 140
  • Lorione111
    Options
    Count me in, the more accountability the better.

SW 188

I would love to lose 15 by Christmas.

Let's go!!!!!