Introduce Yourselves! :)

Options
I thought we needed a thread like this, so that both new members and old members can get to know each other a little better. :)

My real name is Janni (which, btw, spells "ninja" if you rearrange the letters, haha), and I used to maintain a healthy weight of 121 lbs. But about a year ago, I got ill - so ill that I spent nearly half a year in bed, only allowed to leave my room for toilet visits. This of course took a toll on my weight - but it was nothing compared to what happened later. I got even worse - and the doctors had to put me on some medicine that they warned me might cause "a little weight gain".

I had no idea just how big I was, but I knew I had gained weight. I hadn't weighed myself for about a year, but when I had to go through surgery, the doctors had to weigh me.

The number on the scale left me shell-shocked - I had gone from roughly 150 lbs to 226.8 in less than four months. Unfortunately, because I had to keep taking the meds that caused the weight gain, I was unable to lose weight.

But finally, in May 2012, I was allowed to leave the hospital - I was no longer on bed-rest, and even though I still had to take the medicine, the dose had been lowered significantly. That's when I decided to get my butt in gear.

So that's what lead me here. :) I'm 26.5 lbs down, and even though it's harder to lose weight because of the medicine, I know I'll make it, especially with the help of you guys. :) Let's kick some butt! :D

Replies

• sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Umm..okay where do I start.

My name is Sabina..I'm a mom of 3 wonderful boys (13, 11 and 7). I drive school bus for a living and my hubby works in the oilfield. I have yoyo''d my weight most of my life. But I really got heavy when I quit smoking...I was up to 207lbs. Now I know quitting is better for me but darn it..I tell ya I wish I could have that so I could be thinner but then what am I trading for???

Well a few months ago I was diagnosed Type 2 diabetic. I had a choice to go on insulin or not..I chose not to mess around and decided to go on insulin...its a small dose but its still a shot daily. I keep my levels down now with exercise and nutrition..which I have been learning lots about..wow.

For the me the worse is motivation. I know I should be walking at least daily but that hasn't been happening (till the other day). So I'm going to log every day and make sure I'm accountable.!!

That being said..back on the wagon again. Have a good one all! Lets kick Ars!!!
  • re_freshME
    Options
    Janni and Sabina, nice to meet you both and be able to read your stories. It inspires me even more to take control of my weight.

Hello! My name is Elisa. I have two wonderful boys (a 4 and a 2 and 1/2). I was in my 162's for about two years until I founf mfp. I was like Janni in a way. Many surgeries and stress anxieties have placed me in the overweight category. I have been struggling to lose weight and to avoid less health problems. I am now in my 147's and hoping to lose more. Since going down in weight, I have visited my Dr less and no more need for meds.
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello to all just joined so gonna post my goals etc.. after this.

My name is Jen I'm 32 married and have to 2 gorgeous girls. I'm from Ireland but moved to Oz 3 months ago. It's lovely here and it's only starting to heat up. Downside of living here is that hubbie works away on the mines so only get to see him for a week every month or so :cry: But the money is amazing so we're just thinking long term here.

So before we all moved to Oz my hubbie was working in Oz while I was at home in Ireland working full time with the kids for a year. It was hard but I didn't want to move everyone without knowing that he had a perm job and we were financially stable. The first 5 months he was away I lost lots of weight just through being on the go with 2 young kids full time work, etc... I often didn't have time to eat and when I did it was sugar! Everyone thought weight loss was great except me because I knew it wasn't healthy.

Hubbie came home for Christmas for 2 months got to recharge and started eating properly again but didn't stop with the sugarery snacks. He heads off to Oz again and this time I just found it really hard and bascially comfort ate. All the weight I lost came back but it was worse because I had lost muscle and was replacing with just body fat :frown:

So here I am weight isn't too bad but body fat is very high so using Jillian Michaels Body Revolution to exercise daily and try to eat as healthy and clean as possible.

Looking forward to hearing everyone elses story!
  • vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey all well my name is Vienna hence my profile name lol although im 27 now rather tha 26 when i joined lol

Ive got 2 beautiful girlies both delivered by c section and im in my third and final year at university doing multimedia and internet technology hoping to work in some kind of media company like the bbc as an usuability enginneer but well see lol

Anyway ive always been slim as a kid and in my teens i had my first daughter very young it was 2 weeks after my 17th birthday when i had her, i went from being 8 n half stone to 14stone, i lost my weight with her pretty quickly as my bf is into bodybuilding and went to the gym regularly and i was also been into running before i was pregnant so as soon as i was healed and able to exercise i threw myself into a fitness and healthy eating routine and by the time she was around 11 months i was under my pre pregnancy weight i went down to eventually under 8 stone which i look back at now and think eww way to skinny. I got really obessed with it all and it became to take over my life!! I started college when she was one and that eased up my exercise and i started eating more so slwoly gained weight without realsing it think i was around 9 and a half stone when i finished college.

I got my own place with my daughter and her dad and things were good i got pregnant with my youngest Ava not long after finishing college so i didnt go straight to uni i decided to have her and go when she was abit older. Anyway while i was pregnant my bf got into using coke i didnt know how bad things had come till i had a guy walk into my house looking for him when i was 7 months pregnant. He swore to get help and stopped drinking and went to meetings and again things were good and we wer both excited about having our next baby.

I was around 10 stone when i got pregnant and again i went massive up to 14stone again. But this time it took longer for me to lose weight. After i had her my bf went back to using drugs and drinking and things became really bad so losing weight wasnt my first prioity anymore, he became abusive mainly mentally telling me im fat etc so i lost alot of confidence i didnt care i wore the same baggy clothes everyday i look back now and i feel sick about how bad i looked. This went on for about 2 years i was totally unhappy and stuck in a rut id been with him for over ten years, i did start to exercise but on and off so i lost 2 stone through that. I finally finished our relationship few months before i started uni after he ended up putting me in hospital through hitting me which lead me to have to have mmr scans done as the paramedics thought hed fractured my skull but thankgod he hadnt, i was around 12 stone when i started uni and i finally decided i needed to gt back to the once confident girl i used to be so started exercising again and got to about 10 stone again sround last christmas. I got out of the routine and put on 11lbs and been finding it hard to get back into an exercise routine and sticking to it thats when i joined mfp around august i think and it really has helped keep me on track. My current weight is now 9tone 9 and ive not been this light in years i can even get back into jeans pre pregnancy :-),

Ive gained back so much more confidence and feel alot better about myself since ive lost the weight, my girls dad finally admited he knew he had a problem and when we spilt up he got help and stopped drinking, we were split for just under 2 years and got back together in may and things are good now he still doesnt drink as he knows he cant!!

Sorry for the life story but im an honest person and open person lol