LESSONS LEARNED: What would you tell your teenaged self?

Options
AliceNov2011
AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
"Stay on your own path. Do not follow somebody onto theirs."

Replies

• sandra152
    Options
    put them cakes down
  • espree70
    espree70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Your a beautiful young woman and you need to love yourself.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Don't get married when you are 18, idiot! : )
    But only if it means I could still have my 3 awesome girls lol.
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    People thought I was FAT because I wasn't stick thin (this was the age of Twiggy) - I go back and look at my 5'4" pictures at 125 lbs and no, I wasn't fat....how very sad I listened to those fools.
    I would take a year off between HS and college - I partied too much the first year of college and played catch up the rest of the years.
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was a small person. 5'2" and weighed 100 - 105. I would tell myself to get active! Find some activity that I would want to do for the rest of my life and stick to it. I was (at that time) lucky enough that I didn't have to count calories or exercise to maintain my weight. So I never thought about exercising. When I look back, I wish I would have found some type activity that I could do for the rest of my life - bicycling, hiking, skiing, anything that would have kept me from gaining. But the biggest is - DON'T START SMOKING!!! I've been quit for the last 3 1/2 years, but the cigarettes took a toll on me and my health. Too bad we couldn't see into the future.
  • Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Get off your *kitten*, just because you're not fat and you work alot does not mean you don't need to exercise.

Build some muscle and coordination, you'll miss it when it goes and you're not protected by youth anymore.

Oh, and don't sleep with so many guys, slut.... :lol:
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't matter what I said, my teenage self never listened.:frown:
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Does any teenager ever listen?
  • Kitsada
    Options
    Excellent point. lol.

Modified advice for myself... 'Hang in there, everythings gonna turn out okay.... and stop going by taco bell for the nachos bell grande.'...
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    "Don't do anything with a boy in the dark that you wouldn't do with the lights on. -- If you don't feel comfortable enough to do it in the light, you're not ready."
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    And, yes, I've said that to my 12- and 13-year-old girls. And, no, I don't think they were listening. But at least I gave them my best advice!!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Does any teenager ever listen?

I don't think we wanted to hear it or followed anything that was said to us, but apparently I listened because I remember those words of wisdom from my mom/parents during those teenage years. Sometimes I kick myself for not heeding the advice I was hearing. :grumble:
  • Kitsada
    Options
    I think we are programmed to remember, but not heed the advice, so that we may pass the morsels of wisdom on to our kids.

So they too will not listen, but at least later be aware, 'yeah, mom did say to watch out for that...', and know their moms were right...lol. A small vindication, should you live so long to watch your child grow up and learn the lessons we can only learn through experience. Much as a parent tries to warn/advise, so many things, you just have to go through to absorb the lesson. Some things more than once, even...

:)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Don't let your momma bring you down :(