SPRINTING to the holidays together!

Options
AliceNov2011
AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
We're setting holiday goals so there are no regrets on Jan. 1! What's your plan? How's it going?

Replies

• AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping super busy with activities outside of work. I'm in 4 different choirs for Christmas. Also doing a 'post C25K' running program that goes into December.
    - stay away from the office lounges and don't participate in any of the frequent pot luck activities - yep I'm a scrooge!
    - trying to do better about meal planning at home
    - adding more high protein vegetarian dishes to our meals (quinoa/black bean stuffed peppers tonight)
    - stocking up on plain high protein easy to prepare lunch stuff
    - trying to follow the '5 ingredient or less' rule with prepared foods
    - going back to plan nonfat yogurt vs sweetened
  • momof3kiddos34
    Options
    My goal is 10 down by Mid-December and then maintain thru New Years. we have so many birthdays and family functions, I won't go nuts on food, but I'm going to enjoy me some wine!!
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am going to to try and go to Zumba and other workouts that burn high calories!! Lots of birthdays besides the holidays in the next 3 months!! Going to Hawaii in March and I need to keep moving toward my goals!
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    would like to lose 20 lbs or more to be on a start but so far not doing so well
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    -I've given up cheap, regular candy (my greatest weakness) until 2013. It's not forever. So far I haven't succumbed since I started MFP almost 8 weeks ago.

-To lose 1 pound per week--25 pounds in 6 months. I've already lost 13 in less than 8 weeks! There's a chance I might reach my goal weight by New Year's, but if I don't, that's fine.

-To eat like a grown-up (i.e, a diet that's not 50% candy--you think I'm exaggerating, but that actually *was* my reality). getting down to 2 sweets per day is a huge change. So far, I've already met this goal!