Wrimos!

Options
DollyMiel
DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
Introduce yourselves and let us know what you like to write. Give us your NaNo username too if you feel up to sharing~

Edit: Oh right, I probably should give my info to start you all off. Derp!

I'm Sono (boysloveboys on NaNo) and I'm quite obsessed over NaNo. I look forward to it as the highlight of my year, and think about it no matter the month. I've been doing it since 2009 so this is my fourth attempt (and hopefully third win). I love dark fantasy and sweeping adventure epics, but most of all I love MxM romance. :blushing:

Last year I was a rebel and did a shared roleplay, so I wrote 50k words but our combined efforts brought us to 100k. It was a ton of fun and I'm 95% sure I'll be doing that again this year. c:

I've attempted Camp NaNo once but I didn't feel the same energetic vibe I get in November, so I haven't done it again. Maybe I'll give it a go next year.

Replies

• Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You can find me using the same Username on the NaNo site. I usually write fantasy/Steampunk/science fiction but this year I'm considering writing a thriller. This will be my fourth NaNo and hopefully my third win. I don't want to talk about how badly Camp NaNo went for me in June and August...
  • TNDamisi
    TNDamisi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm kitkatrose on the Nano forums and I don't actually remember the first year I did Nano (2004 or 05, I think). There's only been a couple of years where life kicked me in the pants so hard I just couldn't do it, but hopefully I'll be motivated enough to do it again this year. I love to write science/political fantasy (what can I say, I'm a giant nerd, haha), although a couple of my previous nanos were more contemporary fiction.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure what I'm gonna be writing this year - maybe I'll be a rebel and write a series of interconnected short stories, I don't think I have another novel length plot line in me.
  • roth1900
    roth1900 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! My username on Nano is Roth1900 (kudos to any film fans/brit buffs who "get" the name). I only started doing nano stuff last year, but I am pleased to announce that I did win it last year with 53,000+ and one trip to the hospital.

My style is fantasy-ish? With a hint of insanity and fangirl (but it's okay, my villain was based on Tom Waits).
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    Anyhoo, I'm not sure what I'm gonna be writing this year - maybe I'll be a rebel and write a series of interconnected short stories, I don't think I have another novel length plot line in me.
    I'm suuuch a dirty enabler but I always encourage people to rebel. Explore it, it's soooo fun! I know some people who have done comics instead, or a piece of artwork a day, or as you were considering, short story collections. So what if it's technically 'not allowed'; it's no use forcing something that isn't fun so enjoy it. :D
  • steven_goldilocks
    Options
    Morning (well, GMT morning) y'all,

I'm Steven (StevenCudahy on Nanowrimo) and I'm somewhat addicted to Nano. I've only succeeded three times in six years, but it's always been a good experience and a nice way to reset the writing clock.

This year I think it'll be something science-fiction. Or not. I honestly don't know yet.

A pox on you, though, for starting this now, as I've got itchy fingers for November 1st and it's ages away...

Still, it's not like there aren't dozens of other things to be written.

S.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Yaaay Writers! :love:

My Nano handle is miso--I won a few years ago --and I attended the parties and a few write-ins...but have been inactive of recent.

This year--- (another) novel is calling-or maybe memoir?:smokin: ....not sure
    Anyway, great to be in the company of writers!
  • TNDamisi
    TNDamisi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm suuuch a dirty enabler but I always encourage people to rebel. Explore it, it's soooo fun! I know some people who have done comics instead, or a piece of artwork a day, or as you were considering, short story collections. So what if it's technically 'not allowed'; it's no use forcing something that isn't fun so enjoy it. :D

I like the way you think! I actually started down that route last year, but fizzled out under work stress. This year I've got everything under control on that front, barring some massive disaster, so I think I'll be good to take on the challenge. I use Nano as a kick in the pants for my writing (it always slacks off once the new year starts good) so the generally rules don't mean that much to me. As long as I get 50k words, I'm happy.
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    Hope you don't mind that this weirdo added you all on NaNo! XD

I'll cheer you on once it gets rolling~
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm Sciamantium on the nano boards if anyone wants to add me. I've been on the NaNo boards forrreeeverrrr but only seriously attempted last year. Tried Camp this year and didn't make it due to general business :(

I'm glad to find some fellow MFPers that are also Wrimos, since MFP is the site I spend the most time on outside of the NaNo boards LOL
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    Hey there! As I'm adding everyone here on NaNo, hope you don't mind if I add you too.

I failed Camp the first time I tried it and then I couldn't even muster up the care to try again this year. Maybe I'll have to fix that next year. I'd really love to do it, but I think I didn't feel the same hyped up atmosphere during the summer that I always feel in October/November.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    HI all! I'm Jenna and I participated in my first NaNo in 2009. I won that year with a story that started as little more than me yacking about a trip I took to Canada (Go Flames!). I won that year, though the story is still sitting at approximately 50,001 words. lol I've toyed with it some since, but not much. In 2010 I tried again, but got stuck around 22,500 words. Real life (read work, kids, husband's school) got in the way and I let it. I skipped last year, but decided to try again this year. Love it!

I went to my first NaNo workshop last Saturday that was on character development. Great workshop, even though our leader was quite nervous. She shouldn't have been. :) This year I'm picking up the story I started in 2010. I suppose that might be cheating, but I've got so many ideas about it now. It's a weird one with a tough to describe genre-almost Christian modern era vampire fantasy? :huh: I just finished rereading what I wrote then, with much editing along the way (who can resist?!?) and some major plot changes. I'm itching to start the actual writing now. Heck, if I can't resist I might just finish this one before November and start the sequel. :embarassed: (Yeah, I wish!)

Shockingly, my username on NaNo is jcpmoore. Same as about anywhere else I haunt on the Internet. Feel free to add me on NaNo!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Trogs at NaNo. I only signed up this year and will see how it goes... My parents will be living with me in my one bedroomed cottage for at least half the month as we move into our new house on 1 Dec. Not sure if any writing will be possible with them around but we shall see. I should be able to get a short story or two out of the month at least!
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Leslie, but mfanyafujo on NaNo. I like writing, so I've finally signed up for my first NaNoWriMo! We'll see how it goes. I think I'll have lots of free time this November. I'm pretty excited to get started.
  • branflake123
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I've just recently joined MFP (just recently as in....oh....5 minutes ago) and was roaming around the boards for my little niche when I stumbled across this group! I'm really looking forward to this years NaNo. This will be my third, and although I've yet to be successful, I've never gotten discouraged. It's one of the funnest things I partake in every year. I would love for this group to help keep me encouraged both in weight loss AND in NaNoWriMo <3.

I write mostly fantasy/scifi. This year my theme is pretty much the little cliche that could. I'm just throwing every cliche that I personally enjoy into the mixer and hitting FRAPPE. Hopefully it will keep the word count rolling, despite November historically deciding to be the busiest month of my year.

Pleased to meet you all!! ^_^
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm earthgarden on the NaNo boards. This is my 3rd year doing it, and it's going to be the second year I complete it. :smile:
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!

I'm Merithyn on the NaNo boards. I've been doing this since 2009, though I took last year off. This year, I'm more than ready to dig in! The one year that I completed (year two) I wrote a children's chapter book. It was total crap, but I had fun writing it! This year, I'll be writing some Chick Lit.

Sooooo excited!!
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    Hello, everyone~ :D
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My username on NaNoWriMo is the same as it is here: FireTigerSoul. I'm not sure which genre my little story falls into, but if I had to pin it down, I'd say paranormal adventure?

Feel free to add me as a writing buddy...I'm off to a great start this year, so I think I'm actually going to finish it this year! :D
  • catswithcheekbones
    Options
    Hey guys! My user name on NaNoWriMo is rabid.chipmunk [for some reason!] This is my second year doing it, but hopefully my first actually completing it!
  • MegaPaopu
    MegaPaopu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Wrimos! :D I'm super excited to be in this group!

On the nano site I am MegaPaopu, same as here, my real name is Tabitha. I generally write fantasy, although my last couple novels have involved horror and supernatural aspects rather than the high fantasy elements I tend to incorporate.

Since nano has come and gone for the season I'll just share how it went I guess! This last nano was my fourth year and also my fourth win. I decided to do a zombie apocalypse because I love the genre but I haven't yet come across a main character that I love, so I made one myself.

It was a successful month for my novel, but not so successful for school and my overall health. :( Oops. I tend to remedy that ASAP!