God is not honored

Options
"God is not honored when the body is neglected or abused and is thus unfitted for
His service" - Ellen G. White.

When we say we love God we usually talk about loving Him spiritually, emotionally
and mentally but when we persevere with healthy habits with our bodies, we are worshipping
him physically as well. We praise Him with our whole being. What are our lifestyle
choices saying about us? Are we praising Him with healthy choices or can we be
denying Him with our lifestyle? God loves each one of us and by striving to be the
healthiest that we can we are showing gratitude for all He has done for us.

By being fit/healthy, we serve Him better in whatever He asks of us. This has been
a big regret in my life...and so I want to become fit and healthy and be able to
serve Him, not hide behind an addiction to food and an unhealthy body. He created our
bodies and did not intend for them to be treated the way we al have treated our bodies
from time to time (or daily as the case may be.)

"For this reason, I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom
the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to
the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner
man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and
grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width
and length and depth and height- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge;
that you may be filled with the fullness of God." (Ephesians 3:14-19)

Replies

• jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    This has been very true in my life, too. I know there are things I've not done for God's Kingdom because I was too busy selfishly fulfilling my personal desires (for food, etc). I know that my weight has been a barrier keeping me from approaching people and from being approachable. Satan takes any wedge we open up between ourselves and God and continues to hammer it to deepen the divide.

All Glory to God for the accomplishments in my weight loss. I am absolutely weak and lost without his hand on my shoulder leading me on the way.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "God is not honored when the body is neglected or abused and is thus unfitted for
    His service" - Ellen G. White.

When we say we love God we usually talk about loving Him spiritually, emotionally
    and mentally but when we persevere with healthy habits with our bodies, we are worshipping
    him physically as well. We praise Him with our whole being. What are our lifestyle
    choices saying about us? Are we praising Him with healthy choices or can we be
    denying Him with our lifestyle? God loves each one of us and by striving to be the
    healthiest that we can we are showing gratitude for all He has done for us.

By being fit/healthy, we serve Him better in whatever He asks of us. This has been
    a big regret in my life...and so I want to become fit and healthy and be able to
    serve Him, not hide behind an addiction to food and an unhealthy body. He created our
    bodies and did not intend for them to be treated the way we al have treated our bodies
    from time to time (or daily as the case may be.)

"For this reason, I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom
    the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to
    the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner
    man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and
    grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width
    and length and depth and height- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge;
    that you may be filled with the fullness of God." (Ephesians 3:14-19)

I agree 100% I feel the exact same way and really is why I started on this journey to getting healthy!!!! I don't want to be bound by my weight and allow it to keep me back from being used by the Lord in a mighty way. Thank you so sharing your thoughts and I will keep you in my prayers as well as others on here.!!!!