So, my "car" veered off the beaten path to....

Options
FitnessPalWorks
FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
.... freaking Del Taco. Can you believe that sh**?

My "car" ordered all sorts of bad, sinful things.... and when I got to the window I said, "It's so difficult ordering for so many of us" (personalities, that is)..... and I completely blew my 11 (or is it 12) day record of no fast-food.

DA** IT!!!!!!

Ok, in my defense my car DOES have a mind of it's own. It has German Superpowers that sometimes I cannot control but while this is a little set-back of sorts, I think I did good for a while there considering I was eating out almost EVERY night before joining you lovely people.

Meh! I feel like crap now. Can I delete the calories if I vomit? Pretty much everything that went into my large piehole had gluten in it so I'll be a whiny a** bit** tomorrow. (fair warning)

Tomorrow is a new day, right????

Replies

• smokedragon97
    smokedragon97 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Okay, so now once the food settles - go do an extra workout to burn some of those extra calories off! Walking, running, whatever, go do something about it!

You got this! You can do it! Oh, and do it TODAY.... don't wait until tomorrow!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    Okay, so now once the food settles - go do an extra workout to burn some of those extra calories off! Walking, running, whatever, go do something about it!

Oh you don't understand. It's not going to settle. It will be a violent fight to get out of my body as I've discovered recently I'm sensitive to Gluten and am showing quite a few signs of Celiac Disease.... sooooooo.... I'd say in about 5-12 hours it's gonna start getting ugly. That means I have to be within 6 feet of a toilet for about 48 hours. No driving in the car. No phone calls can be taken. Upset stomach for 48 hours plus.

I'm sucha genius sometimes!

OMG... this is so not hand supermodel behavior. I'm so ashaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamed!

Maybe this will learn me. MAN that was stupid. Tasted good, made me happy for about 13 minutes but after suffering all day Saturday for having things Friday night I had no idea would set off my stomach.... gah.... DUH.
  • MrsJJUt
    MrsJJUt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I blame Del Taco for being so damn delicious.... but seriously :) one bad meal... no big deal... and remember this tomorrow when you are hanging out in your bathroom for 12 hours :)
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Meh. Our "cars" betray us all sometimes. An 11 day no-junk-food streak is nothing to scoff at. YOU ARE AWESOME! You'll be back on that horsey in no time.

Maybe you should take a picture of yourself feeling the effects for hours (read: in the john) and post it on your dashboard for extra motivation. :-) haha. Ok, that was mean. But the beauty thing is once that fast food runs its course...WHOLE NEW DAY.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't think there was any nutritional information on the caramel chocolate apple I ate, so I guesstimated 130 for the apple and about a chocolate bar's worth of badness...say 250. IT was my big splurge. Then my husband said there was a label...795 calories later. *kitten*. I had salad for dinner, hit the elliptical hard, and pretended like it all balanced out. None of it made it to my diary. :-)

WE'LL do better tomorrow. Together. :-)
  • MrsJJUt
    Options
    Meh. Our "cars" betray us all sometimes. An 11 day no-junk-food streak is nothing to scoff at. YOU ARE AWESOME! You'll be back on that horsey in no time.

Maybe you should take a picture of yourself feeling the effects for hours (read: in the john) and post it on your dashboard for extra motivation. :-) haha. Ok, that was mean. But the beauty thing is once that fast food runs its course...WHOLE NEW DAY.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't think there was any nutritional information on the caramel chocolate apple I ate, so I guesstimated 130 for the apple and about a chocolate bar's worth of badness...say 250. IT was my big splurge. Then my husband said there was a label...795 calories later. *kitten*. I had salad for dinner, hit the elliptical hard, and pretended like it all balanced out. None of it made it to my diary. :-)

WE'LL do better tomorrow. Together. :-)
  • MrsJJUt
    Options
    that better have been the most delicious apple EVER!!!! my god...
  • smokedragon97
    Options
    Oh well, damn cars! Now you're stuck on the porcelian thrown for a couple of hours.... hmm let's see. Do butt squeeze's count as exercise? I guess you could do 100 of those instead of the crunches.....

Lol, but anyway, like swarovski75 said - we'll be here.

I'm doing my motivation speech in my head right now as we speak - I'm attempting to divert myself: It's breakfast here and I'm drooling watching all these guys chow down on bacon, hashbrowns, and french toast with syrup and I just want to strangle them....... ~sigh~
  • JasonsSoulMate
    JasonsSoulMate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Right about now I am thankful I live in RURAL (read that as totally in the sticks) Queensland. We have the grand choice of Subway (YUMMY and ok to eat), McDonalds (my pet weakness in town but has been avoided most of the time, had a splurge Friday night, made up for it Sat), and a Red rooster...... not to mention the Asian take aways ( I won't eat there too high risk for this lil bunny - allergies) and a couple of snack bars. Nothing so delicious that I have to have my car go off road....... I am thinking that for my 'fix' I will stick to Thursday Dining Hall at school - nice oven baked fish and chips. But trust me, I FEEL your pain..............
  • smokedragon97
    Options

Oh you don't understand. It's not going to settle. It will be a violent fight to get out of my body as I've discovered recently I'm sensitive to Gluten and am showing quite a few signs of Celiac Disease.... sooooooo.... I'd say in about 5-12 hours it's gonna start getting ugly. That means I have to be within 6 feet of a toilet for about 48 hours. No driving in the car. No phone calls can be taken. Upset stomach for 48 hours plus.

OMG... this is so not hand supermodel behavior. I'm so ashaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamed!

Maybe this will learn me. MAN that was stupid. Tasted good, made me happy for about 13 minutes but after suffering all day Saturday for having things Friday night I had no idea would set off my stomach.... gah.... DUH.

So how are you doing?? Are you feeling any better?
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    but tacos are healthy! there's usually green peppers on them and stuff. :tongue:
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options

So how are you doing?? Are you feeling any better?

MUCH better. Thank you! :)
  • JasonsSoulMate
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmm I swear it's not safe to drive your husbands car..... Yesterday I didn't have time to grab lunch beofre I went to work, so I had my car and it took me to the safety of the supermarket where I grabbed a lean cusine meal.. Today I had to swap cars with my husband at lunch so I could fit 3 teens and 2 teachers in the car and bloody hell!! The damn thing drove thru Maccas!!! WTF????
  • smokedragon97
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmm I swear it's not safe to drive your husbands car..... Yesterday I didn't have time to grab lunch beofre I went to work, so I had my car and it took me to the safety of the supermarket where I grabbed a lean cusine meal.. Today I had to swap cars with my husband at lunch so I could fit 3 teens and 2 teachers in the car and bloody hell!! The damn thing drove thru Maccas!!! WTF????

Lol, Ok. I take it Maccas is a bad place to eat??
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    That's it. We just all need to stop letting our cars drive us.
    That's the only rational solution I can think of!!!
  • JasonsSoulMate
    Options

Lol, Ok. I take it Maccas is a bad place to eat??
    Maccas is McDonalds..... so yea, not good at all... sorry Aussie slang. :(
  • JasonsSoulMate
    Options
    I think we just don't drive husbands/boyfriends/partners cars!!!! They;re the evil ones!!
  • lisamariepickering
    Options

I'm doing my motivation speech in my head right now as we speak - I'm attempting to divert myself: It's breakfast here and I'm drooling watching all these guys chow down on bacon, hashbrowns, and french toast with syrup and I just want to strangle them....... ~sigh~

Ack! I'm right there with ya. Breakfast is usually my cheat meal. I just love breakfast!
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options

mhm, let's walk Everywhere!!! And when that doesn't work...ummmm. I ran out of ideas...sorry for being lame. Womp Womp Womp...
  • smokedragon97
    Options

mhm, let's walk Everywhere!!! And when that doesn't work...ummmm. I ran out of ideas...sorry for being lame. Womp Womp Womp...

bicycle??
  • JasonsSoulMate
    Options

bicycle??
    Umm yea no.... my butt still gobbles the saddle and it is DAMNED uncomfortable!!! I'll stick to the slightly wayward car......... and besides, walking to work (2km) in heels, skirt and carrying my bag with lap top and marking... not a good look. You arrive all sweaty!!