Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm New!

Hello everyone :) I'm Lu and freshly new to myfitnesspal. My stats are:
Current/Starting: 350
LTG: 180 (long term goal)
STG: 300 (short term goal)

I packed on over 150# during a very hurtful marriage. I've been divorced for 3 years now and am finally in a great place to begin healing my body. I am a single mom to a 9yr old girl. I am dating a wonderful man that loves me for who I am and who I want to be. He sees the thinner me and wouldn't care if I never lost another pound or even gained another pound. He is truly that wonderful.

I need to lose this weight for him, his kids, me and my daughter. I deserve to be able to live this life I have been given. Hope to get to know you all through this board. Hope you don't mind if I lurk around for awhile to see what's happening :happy:

~Lu

Replies

• margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Welcome. So happy to have you here.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Welcome, MommaLu! Friend request sent :smile:
  • SqueakGirl
    SqueakGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
    MFP is such a great tool!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool....you'll love it.
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Welcome Lu! You're definitely in the right place! This has been a great experience thus far and there are some AMAZING people here! Take advantage of the people on the boards. We're all here for the same thing. Best of luck!
  • Thanks everyone! Day 3 and I'm doing well at keeping track of everything :) Really need to hunker down on the carb intake. Anyone have difficulty in eating vegetables? If so, how did you overcome it?
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    I'm new here too. In the last 5 days ; ) I started my weight loss journey 4+years ago at my top weight of 420 pounds. I have currently lost 148 pounds with another 80 pounds to get to my goal weight of 190 pounds. I stand 5ft. 9in. I constantly struggle with depression so I sometimes fall off the wagon but I never give up and eventually pick myself up again.

I'm also lucky enough to have gotten out of a very bad marriage and am now with a wonderful man who knew me at my highest weight and now at my lowest weight. But either way he loves me for who I am not how I look but how I look is a bonus ; ) for him and for me!!!!
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Welcome to MFP, Lu!

I think when it comes to eating veggies, trial and error is the best way to go. You could experiment and taste test them to figure out which ones you like and don't like, and maybe find ways to incorporate them into stuff you already like?