new to group

Options
Hi all,
I was so happy to find a group! I lost my 5 yr old daughter June 2011. I am still figuring out how to put one foot in front of the oterher. But do know that nuturing myself and my body is probably the way she would want me to do this. Yet it is a struggle every day to motivate myself to make the right choices.

Replies

• jcoberth
    jcoberth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there -

I am new to the group as of today. I lost my amazing 18 year old daughter Sarah to cancer a year and a half ago. It's hard to find motivation to diet, exercise or even care some days. I am glad to find this group as well.
  • ZenAmante
    ZenAmante Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I lost my 5 month old baby boy alex january 18th 2011. SIDS i hate that term
  • kimmette1226
    kimmette1226 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi tried to post earlier didnt work
  • kimmette1226
    Options
    hi im also new to the group; i have been going through some of the things as well. i lost my 3year old in October 12, 2011 to cancer. it has taken this long for me to start my healing process. i have some bad days but i try not to let that over take me by focusing on the good times.
  • Reenybobeeny
    Options
    Sadly, I am also a member of this group. I lost my precious 20-year old daughter and my niece when they were hit by a car driving on the wrong side of the road. She was and still is my best friend, and they will always be two of the brightest lights in our families' lives....none of us is ever going to be the same. This happened almost 3 years ago, and since then I have endured the pain through eating. I gained over 40 pounds, and my health is affected. I am trying to do this for my two beautiful angels. I also have good days and bad, and try to remain positive on the outside, hoping that will fool my inside....Love to all you Moms who need to work to get through each day. You are not alone.
  • kimmette1226
    Options
    WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:::smile: :smile:
  • Reenybobeeny
    Options
    Thank you! It's good to be somewhere I can go for something positive in life.
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group too. I lost my son shortly after he was born. It has been almost 8 years now, but feels like it just happened.
  • Reenybobeeny
    Options
    Welcome, and wishing you luck on this journey!
  • AngieTheArtist
    Options
    Hi, I lost my oldest boy, 26 years old tin an automobile January 13th, 2012. I have been vegetating here on the couch pretty much since then, I have figured out that I will never "Get over it" but I have to make a life anyway. I am overweight and am in a lot of physical pain also due to being disabled. I am glad I found this group.
  • Reenybobeeny
    Options
    Angie, one day at a time, in life as on this journey of wellness. You are not alone.
  • hawaiikepi
    hawaiikepi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As I write this my stomach is in knots. I lost my son on November 3, 2011 and am coming up on the one year mark. He was 25 and killed on his motorcycle in Maui where he lived. A tourist ran a red light late at night in front of him. The police covered up the truth and said my son caused the accident. We have spent 10 months proving him innocent and have just succeeded. Now I feel sick. Now we can grieve for the son that was taken from us. I lost 14lbs in 19 days last November-December. I swore for him I would not gain it back. I did plus a few pounds more. I am not greatly obese but I feel crummy. I don't exercise. I don't eat good food. I never eat fruit and few veggies. I do like both. I need motivation...How can I do this? I am 53 and not getting any younger. I know I need to do this but how do I get motivated. I work full time and do a good job. I started making jewelry after he died but I don't get daily tasks done and I take care of myself last if I even do that.....I know your all in the same boat and I hope maybe I can help you too! Thanks for letting me vent...It feels good...
  • caligirl95382
    Options
    Welcome Hawaiikepi....

We have a lot in common. My son (Christopher) was 30 when I lost him Jan. 20, 2012. I also am 53 and put on more pounds than I should have, and losing my job 3 months after Christopher's death didn't help either. It took me 8 months to get out of my "funk".... The best thing I found for me, was joining MFP and started attending a weekly grief group (Greif Share - they may have a group in Maui). Those two things have helped me tremendously. It makes you accountable (daily entries on MFP and positive support with other MFP friends) and puts you in touch with other people who are going through a loss, and also understand your feelings (great support). Oh, I just got a job yesterday, it's seasonal but hey, it's a start... have been taking small steps and I am definitely on the right track. :)

You will do it... keep the faith and don't give up. Add me if you like...

Kay (Caligirl95382)
  • hawaiikepi
    hawaiikepi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice words. We don't live far from each other. I'm on the coast in Cali. Between Morro Bay and San Simeon. I do go to Hospice every Wed and meet with a parent berevement group. We have all become each others support. A place to vent. Maui is our other place we go....Congratulations on the new job...I'm sorry about Christopher. I miss my son so much. Jesse was my rock...Its a long journey I know and I know I will never be the person I was before. I don't have time for stupid stuff or stupid people for that matter any more. Its like we weed out the ones that are not good for us....I talk to much I know...hope to chat again soon! debbie (Hawaiikepi) Kepi means Debbie in Hawaiian
  • caligirl95382
    Options
    Hello Debbie: I think the same exact way you do about people and stuff. I see things so differently since Christopher has been gone. And I don't have time for trivial spats or people in my life. I love the costal area that you are in, how nice! Glad to hear you are attending grief meetings. Although it took me several months to actually take that first step, I love going to my weekly meetings, and the people there are such great friends that I can talk and relate to. Have a wonderful week, and I sent a friend's request. Kay :happy:
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this group! I lost my 17 year old son Timothy just 6 weeks ago! I have been having a hard time getting the motivation to exercise. I enjoyed running and walking and lost 30 lbs since joining MFP in May. I haven't really gained any weight back except the 8 lbs I lost while he was in the hospital for a week. I know it will come back in time and I know I am not alone - Karen
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hurts knowing that I am a member of this group, lost my wonderful daughter Kimberly June 11th 2007. The fastest/slowest 5 years of my life. 20 years old, and a blood clot took her life in her sleep.
    Doing ok with weight loss seems like a good place to put my thoughts.