Brand New to WoW. Tips & Insight Needed :)

Options
Hello to all my fellow MFP gamers :)

So yeah! I'm a complete noob to World of Warcraft, but my best friend finally got me to cave and give it a try. Might've been a mistake, because i'm totally addicted already after 5 days.

I'm a level 21 Blood Elf Affliction Warlock.

Still learning the ropes. Anybody have advice or tips, even things they learned when they were once noobs?

Replies

• Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    NEED ON EVERY THING if you can :) lol... >.> what we dont all do it? i have to make money some how.. to lazy to do dailys. when someone trolls you.... and they will.. agree with everything they say... somehow you will end up friends with them O_O... happens all the time. dont tell everyone your a girl =.=... ^^
  • highlordb
    highlordb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    At least you started out the right way by rolling HORDE!
  • Ghkffb56
    Options

bertstare.jpg

lies! >:) reroll ally
  • cheninaerin
    Options

damn straight
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    dont tell anyone your a girl =.=... ^^

Fixed :laugh:
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Don't vendor stuff without trying the auction house first. Make sure you have professions and are using them. ESPECIALLY herbalism and mining. It's a great way to level up.

Get the add-on that lets you find rares. There are soo many now in the lower levels that you can get major xp with those too.

Make sure you still have a life. :) For a while I didn't and I leveled characters really fast but then was burned out for a while.

Do dungeons, yes there are some pains in the butts but there is also good gear to be had.

Horde.... blech. ((yes I have a goblin, blood elf, troll but enjoy my alliance more)
  • Ghkffb56
    Options

Horde.... blech. ((yes I have a goblin, blood elf, troll but enjoy my alliance more)

winner^
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

winner^

I have a few hordies i made before Cata. I love thrall, but garrosh, i jsut cant get behind him and his thinking. Alliance was my first toon and its stayed my main toon. but i dabble, or did dabble in horde.

as if your couldnt tell my main was an alliance ....
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I used to play WoW professionally and it all boils down to basics. If you know the basics, theres no stopping you!

If you can, pick a good server. Faction (Alliance or horde) won't really matter, they change racials all the time but starting out and sticking to a good server will help you long ways. I like kelthuzad for alliance and illidan for horde but depending on whether you're east coast or west coast, you might wanna see if there are other servers like malganis (horde) blackrock(horde) that give you better ping.

Keybind. Most important thing imho. If you keybind from the start, you're already better than 50% of the WOW population. Take some time to learn, create your keybinds.

PvP. I might be biased since I used to make my living from PvP but in my opinion, PvP just gave me better situational awareness. I knew EXACTLY what was going on in my surrounding, in pve or pvp. That can be learned from purely doing pvp too but you have a much better chance from pvp since its less scripted. You learn whats going on with your own health, mobs/players health. What debuffs (bad spells) are on you and when and how to counteract them.

Once you get these basics, there are other things too but I think if you know these while you level up, you'll have a far better head start.

Good luck and enjoy :)
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Going to ask a really stupid question but an honest one at least, how does one play WOW professionally? I mean I can make some really good gold in game but can't see how one can play it for a living.

Also... I HATE pvping... like it's the bane of my existence, I suck at it and blech. It's the one thing keeping me from getting my achievement for doing all the seasonal quest things. I hated trying to take the orphans into the battlefield.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Theres many ways to make decent money from WoW if you're good. I used to sell gladiator title to players for $250, 2200 rating for weapon and achievement in 3's for like $80. My guild was like world 14th immortal in WOTLK and we sold that title for like 200k gold and split money between us players. 1k gold back then was $2 so selling titles and achievements and everything for gold in raids used to make us decent coins. Last time I checked though gold was selling for like $0.5 per 1k gold so not really worth selling anymore and players just sell rating in arena and rbgs

Some players who're rank 1 players (AKA, better than me) would get money from streaming while playing via advertisement money. The really good players like filovirus makes about $3-$4 grand a month
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Quit before you get sucked in!