5 day walk plan walkers?

tabathavm
tabathavm Posts: 99 Member
Hi Just wanted to see who all out there uses this dvd, and how you like it?.
I recenly bought it and am on the first week. so far i really like it, however i miss the gentle jogs in the 5 mile dvd :(

Replies

• princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    I love this one and use it often. The miles go by so fast!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Hi Just wanted to see who all out there uses this dvd, and how you like it?.
    I recenly bought it and am on the first week. so far i really like it, however i miss the gentle jogs in the 5 mile dvd :(

I really like this one - lots of options.

"Boosted walking" is featured in a number of DVDs. Look for "mixed aerobic impact" at collagevideo.com

4 Mile Power Walk has jogging & even some jumping jacks
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Love this video, but also miss the jogging. They are fast miles, though!
  • cnichol78
    cnichol78 Posts: 9 Member
    This has probably been asked before, so please forgive me. But has anyone seen any REAL results from WATP? I have a few of the DVDs, but always seemed to give up. I also have Debbie Mazda's Shapely Girl Fitness walking DVD, but have only reviewed, not actually worked out to it. I'm planning on adding on exercise in the next week or so, and wanted to ask. Thanks in advance!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    I have had real results from using Leslie Sansone videos. This is my primary exercise. But to see real results you have to actually do the walking...if you give up you won't see results.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    This has probably been asked before, so please forgive me. But has anyone seen any REAL results from WATP? I have a few of the DVDs, but always seemed to give up. I also have Debbie Mazda's Shapely Girl Fitness walking DVD, but have only reviewed, not actually worked out to it. I'm planning on adding on exercise in the next week or so, and wanted to ask. Thanks in advance!

As far as losing weight from these videos ALONE ..... no, I don't think that will happen. Most of weight loss comes from dietary changes (like 80%). Any form of exercise you will do regularly is so healthy.

For me, these videos have been a godsend. This was the first exercise I knew I could do on a regular basis. I'm too klutzy to do regular aerobics ... and the treadmill is so boring. These are "excuse proof" for me. If I will exercise for the rest of my life ... I can finally MAINTAIN a weight loss.

There a loads of "walking videos" out there ..... not just Leslie. There are DVDs with a "music only" option if that would help. Some people prefer Leslie "solo" .... other people like the newer DVDs (Walk at Home, Just Walk) & others prefer older ones (Walk Away the Pounds). See if your library has (newer or older) .... before buying. Netflix has many for rent (by mail).

Other instructors: Debbie Rocker, Chris Freytag (Prevention: 2-Week & Walk Yourself, Exercise TV: Walking Cardio) - Ellen Barrett (Weight Watchers, Prevention: Belly Fat), Stott Pilates (Walk On ...) George Foreman (with Petra Kolber leading) - Denise Austin, Kathy Smith (Matrix, March to Fitness, Rejuvenation) Kim Lyons (Jenny Craig) Bob Harper (Biggest Loser) ...... Look for video clips of some of these DVDs on collagevideo.com

PM me with questions if you like ... I have done many of these (Netflix & trades) at one time or another.
  • cnichol78
    cnichol78 Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate the information :)