That "blah" feeling when you are detoxing

Options
Some of you that have experienced this feeling as your body transitions to a more raw diet.......please explain to me what you felt like. I have concerns.

My problem is I havent felt like exercising all week other than 30 minute walks. I feel like there is no energy boost like I was hoping for. Funny thing is, Im sleeping a bit better than I was most nights.

Im not totally raw, right about 50/50, and unfortunately some of my not raw choices havent been the best. There have been periods of mild headaches and irritability.

Replies

• valerieknox
    valerieknox Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you aren't feeling great, why not eat less raw? Personally I only use raw food to mix it up a bit. The sweets I make are usually raw, but I still cook a lot of the food that I make. I feel great. And what do you mean with detox? Also, maybe you expect too much from it? Sadly I don't think any change of diet will give dramatic results in terms of energy. Some nutrition need to build up slowly over time. And I don't know if food is really that powerful. Not saying good food doesn't do good things for our health, but I don't think it really has that quick, miraculous effect that some people sometimes wish it had.
  • angcubby
    angcubby Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    detoxing can be rough. especially when you are 100%. But you have to endure and stick through it because when you do, you'll feel better than ever. When you eat cooked foods, it suppresses the detoxification. check out Dan Mcdonald's you tube channel @ youtube.com/liferegenerator. He has lots of useful information and encouragement. :)
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much you're working out but when fasting you're not suppose to really workout too much as to allow your body to detox the best it possibly can. So when you workout while fasting you more or less neglect to allow your body from fully doing its optimum detox. As far as the feelings go it's mostly an internal battle with yourself I've found in my experience; as you have to learn to live with being hungry and having that void. There were some days for me that felt amazing and then some were much worse. I think when one chooses to deal with fighting their urges/vices though it definitely is a learning process. I recommend starting short doing like a 2-3 day juice fast or even just 24 hours and then continue to grow upon that.
  • valerieknox
    Options
    Food detox is bul!#l&it.
  • valerieknox
    Options
    Not sure how much you're working out but when fasting you're not suppose to really workout too much as to allow your body to detox the best it possibly can. So when you workout while fasting you more or less neglect to allow your body from fully doing its optimum detox. As far as the feelings go it's mostly an internal battle with yourself I've found in my experience; as you have to learn to live with being hungry and having that void. There were some days for me that felt amazing and then some were much worse. I think when one chooses to deal with fighting their urges/vices though it definitely is a learning process. I recommend starting short doing like a 2-3 day juice fast or even just 24 hours and then continue to grow upon that.

Do you have any scientific sources for this? I love raw food cause it's tasty and exciting, but I'm sad that it's attached to a lot of pseudo-scientific marketing as well. It's not necessary to detox with food.