Dishonored or XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Options
BaristaX
BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
anyone else waiting eagerly for those titles?

I can only choose 1 or the other for this month and I cannot make up my mind, I like the setting of Dishonored yet I have been a fan of the TBS of XCOM for a loong while, so my fellow MFP'ers, which one would you choose?

also feel free to add me on PSN if you get XCOM (or Dishonored even though there is no multiplayer) it would be nice to talk to someone about strategies.

PSN: Kuroraijin

Replies

• dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Dishonored for sure
  • madpaddyjack
    madpaddyjack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're in the mood for this month; FPS or Turn-based. I'd personally go with X-Com just because from what I hear, it's a fantastic remake of a fantastic game. Plus, you can't really go wrong with Firaxis.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    Xcom for sure. Reminds me of playing the old game, but updated with better look and feel. And the research isn't bugged to make the game expotentionally harder because you didn't research in the "right" order.

Love it...
  • BaristaX
    Options
    yes, I ended up getting Dishonored, which I am having a blast playing right now, but I played the XCOM demo and itching for more, I love TBS games, I remember as if it were yesterday when I was maybe 12-13 years old playing it on the first playstation spending hours upon hours on the game.

I am hoping I can score a copy of XCOM on a black friday sale hopefully
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Bought both, played through about 4-5 hours of Dishonored, but X-Com keeps calling me back. Such an awesome game, as it stands, definitely my Game of the Year.

I will say I was a huge fan of the original series, so I'm probably a bit biased. Dishonored is great, too.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    X-Com definately! Play the early PC versions and thought those games rocked!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I bought XCOM last Friday off Steam after seeing it being featured in the store. The trailer was halfway through and I was already sold. Definitely brings back memories of the old school games and to be frank, I didn't even know a remake was in the works (remember the previews of the XCOM FPS).

Love strategy games be it turn based or real time. Highly recommend XCOM :)
  • BaristaX
    Options
    so I finally got XCOM, and I love it oh so much, I think a bit to much since it's been cutting into my workout time!
    I did something crazy, and a bit masochistic, my first run on the game I started on Ironman mode on Impossible difficulty.
  • YellowSaturn
    Options
    Bahhhhh!! I won a pre-order copy of XCOM and I so totally can't run it on my computer. *Sigh* I've been hearing nothing but GREAT things about it and it's making me crazy that I can't play my copy, lol.

We'll be getting new rigs soon, I hope. Stupid other priorities *mumble mumble*.

Dishonored looks pretty freakin' amazing as well.
  • mcdonie1975
    Options
    x-com case closed
  • SpankyTaz
    SpankyTaz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    XCOM earthling...

...All of your bases are belong to us!!