Goodbye My Shredding Friends....

Options
So I am sad to say I won't be able to continue the shredding journey with you all!! Not out of lazyness or lack of want, or confidence, but my body can no longer handle the stress that the Shred has put on it. :( I kept trying to push myself past the pain I was starting to feel in my joints, knees, and ankles( the burn was no longer in my muscle) all I did was put my body in a worse place then it was before I started! After talking with a trainer at my gym she believes from working the same muscles for 10 days straight I injured myself and need to take things easy, I didn't take her advice and kept pushing but now I realize that was a mistake! I don't want you all to worry though, this isn't me giving up, this is the furthest from that! You will still see me tracking my calories and exercise everyday just as I have been. I have been doing my Couch to 5k for the past 4 weeks trying to get back into running since it was such a huge passion of mine! I will continue to work hard and push my body, just had to go find a exercise plan that would work for me! I wish you all the best of luck and continue to push yourselves you are so close to the finish line and will be so proud of yourselves at the end! Thanks everyone for the support and you all were an amazing group to be a part of! :)

Replies

• Varibaby
    Varibaby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Aww! I'm so sry to hear that you injured yourself with the shred....I've read a lots of reviews from others who have complained about the same thing so please know you're not alone! Best of luck in your C2k and I hope you recover from your injuries soon chic! We'll be in touch k! :)
  • carcona
    carcona Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I hear you it is hard to be sensible when alot of others are able to handle doing the shred everyday, (which I don't think is wise and Jillian even recommends 5-6 days a week). That said, don't abandon this type of exercise all together. There are ways to challenge yourself w/out doing the shred. Like how many push-ups can you do in 90 seconds (with rests where needed) write the number down and redo every 3 or 4 days. Also, beware of the stress that running programs can put on your knees, alot of times an effective running interval type workout can save you slogging out the miles. I started the shred 23 days ago but am on Day 16. I will keep plugging away but definitely find I need the rest days with all the other activities I do.

Good luck:)
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    heal well! you will be missed :(
  • yannimom
    yannimom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that you've injured yourself. I pray you will heal soon and good luck on your C25K. I will be starting that next week.