TUESDAY TIP

AliceNov2011
AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
Don't wait 'til you're hungry to eat! If you "feel" hungry, you're more likely to overeat. Eat small portions regularly whether you feel hungry or not, keep your blood sugar level, and like Scarlet O'Hara (almost), never feel hungry again!

What's your best tip?

Replies

• Judyndisguise
    Judyndisguise Posts: 12 Member
    Think before you eat!
  • Plan your day!! That is the only thing that works for me. Every morning, or sometimes even the night before, I sit and plan out all my meals for the day. Then if I have any extra carbs or calories, I can have a little splurge! And it helps keep me eating and on track!
  • Know your serving size. Is a spoonful of brown rice really 1/4 cup or more like 1/2 cup? I agree with Alice----PLAN! It helps me not to stand in the kitchen saying what can I munch on?
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    I agree, planning is key!

1. Pre-log what you *know* you're going to eat (same dinner as yesterday, etc.)
    2. Big dinner planned? Eat a lighter lunch. And vice versa.
    3. Check your macros. Too many carbs so far? You can adjust that by filling in the blanks with something high protein.

Yeah, without planning, I would spend the day eating nothing but chocolate and dried strawberries. And probably still be hungry.
  • when in doubt I always have a 100 calorie snack pack of something handy - usually nuts....safe alternative - planning is great, but when you can't this works for me.
  • 3springchicks
    3springchicks Posts: 23 Member
    I have little "pantry" stashes at work, at home,...even in my car (my car has non-perishable goods). This way, I ALWAYS have a healthy snack & water bottle at hand. That is my first "go to" stop when I get hungry. This has gone a LONG way towards keeping me on track.
  • tangoterry
    tangoterry Posts: 51 Member
    I work from home, so no takeout or drive thru. I like to double recipes so there are leftovers for a day or two. As I am putting away leftovers, I measure and pack my lunch for the next day so it is less hassle to remeasure and weigh it all the next day. Then when I enter it into the tracker, I can just recopy that meal into the next day as I enter it. Pre-measuring your snacks, veggies, etc. for several days at a time makes me feel more in control and is time saving.
  • I work from home, so no takeout or drive thru. I like to double recipes so there are leftovers for a day or two. As I am putting away leftovers, I measure and pack my lunch for the next day so it is less hassle to remeasure and weigh it all the next day. Then when I enter it into the tracker, I can just recopy that meal into the next day as I enter it. Pre-measuring your snacks, veggies, etc. for several days at a time makes me feel more in control and is time saving.

Like this(where's the button?) On vacation I took the time to cut and prepare lots of veggies ahead so that part of meal prep(we rented a house) was done when we decided to eat. Guess what? We ate a TON more veggies just because they were prepared. So I'm going to implement this at home too. At least hubby & I will eat more veggies that way!