Garmin Suggestions?

Options
angiek941
angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
So I've been using RunKeeper on my iphone to track my pace when I run, but I think I'm ready for a Garmin. Do any of you have any recommendations? I've also started doing Triathlons, so I'd also like one I could use for that too. Do they make waterproof ones?
TIA

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Two of them are waterproof and designed for triathalons, 310XT and 910XT. You can read the reviews on these and all other GPS running products on this page. http://www.dcrainmaker.com/p/product-reviews.html
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Here's a comparison chart between the 310 & 910 if you shop around you should find the 910xt within $100 of the 310xt (either one would be a great choice)

The form factor is a bit big but you get great battery life with the 310 & 910 (very handy if you're triathlon plans include the possibility of an ironman distance race ) and the display is easy to read.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    if you are going to do triathalons, then yes the 310 or 910. More expensive, but very much worth it.

I decided myself to go with the 405cx, it's not waterproof, but I don't plan on doing a tri (I did, but I enjoy running so much that I don't see myself doing a tri in the future any time soon).

You will love it all the same.
  • kywh
    kywh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree--the Garmin is absolutely worth it. I just got the 910xt this year and I love it. Prior to that, I had a 305, which was also great. I am training for Ironman and the 910XT is my best friend. I can wear it on open water swims to track distance or in the lap pool to count strokes. Go for it!
  • kywh
    kywh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This blogger does incredible in depth reviews on Garmins and other sports watch/gps items. http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/10/garmin-forerunner-910xt-in-depth-review.html
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I've got a 410. It does everything I need.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have the 210 and love it. If I was looking for one that is waterproof I would get the 910.
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    I've got the 210, its a great watch, but not waterproof
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I'm going with the 310. It sounds like the recent softrware update helps with the swim issues. Running is my first love, but I do plan to do more triathlons. I've only done a sprint so far. I'd like to do a longer one in the future, but not sure about an Ironman ;0)