Chest flies... don't do anything for me?

Options
hey guys, i was just wondering and maybe a bit too late seeing how i only have one day left of level one.. but do you feel anything when doing chest flies? because i don't! well, not i my chest anyway. it strains my arms a bit, but i don't feel ANYTHING in my chest, at all! from the name of the exercise i am guessing it should train my chest muscles, right? well, i don't think i have much muscle there at all, yet this exercise isn't hard for me in any way..

tips?

Replies

• Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I always wondered if I was doing something wrong because I didn't feel anything in my chest. Just like you, I feel a little strain in my arms, but nothing else. I like that I get to take a little breather while doing them though!
  • sofievb
    sofievb Posts: 54
    Options
    haha yesss i really love/need the little break as well, but it's starting to make me feel a bit guilty. i just have a feeling i'm not doing something right and I DON'T WANT TO PHONE THIS IN! haha. jillian is getting on my nerves, ugh ;)
  • pattiFM
    pattiFM Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Enjoy those chest flies now.. I'm a couple days into level two and there is no phoning any of it in, even the modified stuff!!

I'm definitely with you though, I've always felt like chest flies are just an excuse to rest for a few seconds.. I contemplated that I might just need some heavier weights :)
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I upped my weights for that one a really felt it. Sadly, had to go down on weights for those anterior raises. Those kill me! I just did the first day of Level 2 and it feels like you are starting all over again! Glad I didn't start there.