burpees

Options
2»

Replies

• crashri
    crashri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just had to do 5 sets of 20 of these plus 20 KB swings and I realized that I do them ALL wrong. The key is to NOT do a pushup at all. The down should be a fall, as described above with a minor catch in your arms so you don't slam into the floor and the up should be more like a snake push-up (the Cobra was a very good description). Also the feet wider so you are jumping from a squatting position is dead on.
    Worked on correcting that in set 3,4,&5 and it went much better.
  • Vmg773
    Vmg773 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The jumping wide was good advice for me. Today I did a total of 68 burpees. And I didn't cry. Progress.
  • ricestephanie11
    ricestephanie11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This. Burpees got so much easier when I started jumping wider! Also, don't waste your energy on getting down on the ground gracefully. Flop if necessary HA!
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try jumping wide next time. I'm still incredibly slow with them...
  • ryanband
    ryanband Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    basically, keep your feet wider!

this
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    A guy at my box recently did 1180 burpees in one day to raise money for a charity (one burpee per $1). I feel that I can never complain about burpees ever again.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    A guy at my box recently did 1180 burpees in one day to raise money for a charity (one burpee per $1). I feel that I can never complain about burpees ever again.

Who gave the money? The guy did the burpees?
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Who gave the money? The guy did the burpees?
    Various people donated to the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society on his behalf and he did one burpee for each dollar.
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So the floppy snake burpee is correct? Cuz that's how I do them, and I thought it was sloppy form. I'm kinda new to this stuff, so I was imagining that I needed to work on it... I guess I don't?
  • Susan918
    Options
    Using an overhead target (like the games standard) has really improved my burpees. I also place tape on the floor as target under my overhead target. I guess i focus on the targets and the not pain. I <3 Burpees.

the 100 day burpee challenge will also help.

3-2-1 GO!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    LEARN TO LOVE BURPEES!!!! They will improve your strength.
    I am thinking I am to 30 Burpees/Day for 30 Days in November. They can be done ANYWHERE!!!
    I even have my kids doing them now too.