Zombies, Run! 5K is here....$3.99 in US Store.

Options
redfroggie
redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
I got mine today! I'm going to give it a try tonight and see what it's like, though I can run for longer than the training intervals. It will be interesting to hear how I came to be Runner 5!

Replies

• tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have one more run before graduating C25k and I haven't yet started Zombies, Run! (The original). I feel a little lost as to where I should start. Are all the runs in the 5k program posted somewhere?
  • redfroggie
    Options
    Start with the original story first. I don't know if the runs are posted anywhere. The 5k story happens between Mission 1 and Mission 2 so to avoid confusion it would be best to start with the original, especially since you just finished C25k, you'd be starting all over again. Good luck!
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yay! Got it. I'll go for the first tomorrow morning. Thank you!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have the C25K already on my phone, but I'll totally spend $4 on it to do it zombie style lol
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have the C25K already on my phone, but I'll totally spend $4 on it to do it zombie style lol

Yay...I was wondering what I was going to do...I'm almost through all the missions!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    nice...i finished season 1..but still cant run a 5K..so happy this came out...
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'll finish the original first before I get going on the 5k.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    Has anyone else tried this yet? I bought it yesterday and used it last night. One thing I noticed was that for whatever reason my seconds were skipping. I'd be at 3:31 and it'd go to 3:33; did this multiple times over the course of the program.

Only thing I didn't really like about it (so far) is that it's 15 second runs, 1 minute walks. On a treadmill by the time the treadmill gets up to the speed I've bumped it up to for the run part, it's time to go back to a walk so I was actually keeping it at a run for a longer period of time. And I wish there was a way to skip ahead in the program since I can already do a 5k distance.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else tried this yet? I bought it yesterday and used it last night. One thing I noticed was that for whatever reason my seconds were skipping. I'd be at 3:31 and it'd go to 3:33; did this multiple times over the course of the program.

Only thing I didn't really like about it (so far) is that it's 15 second runs, 1 minute walks. On a treadmill by the time the treadmill gets up to the speed I've bumped it up to for the run part, it's time to go back to a walk so I was actually keeping it at a run for a longer period of time. And I wish there was a way to skip ahead in the program since I can already do a 5k distance.

I dont think there is a way to skip forward...I run outside..so there is no issue with the speeding up and slowing down...Unless its icy outside...I plan on always running outside..
  • KBrenOH
    Options

I dont think there is a way to skip forward...I run outside..so there is no issue with the speeding up and slowing down...Unless its icy outside...I plan on always running outside..

running outside would be ideal, but I'm only able to do it on the weekends now that it get's dark so early in the evening and it's still dark when I get up so unless I unexpectedly find myself home during the day it's the dreadmill for me.
  • redfroggie
    Options

running outside would be ideal, but I'm only able to do it on the weekends now that it get's dark so early in the evening and it's still dark when I get up so unless I unexpectedly find myself home during the day it's the dreadmill for me.

I do it on the undeadmill as well and I just run during the interval sessions for most of it. During the 10 min freestyle I do a bit of my own intervals. I plan on doing it this way for the first few weeks or until it gets a bit harder since I can't quite run a 5k yet.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    This is available for Android now at $1.99 (at least as of yesterday!).
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    For some reason, even though I sync up, my first session this morning isn't registering on the website. I'm at a loss.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Never mind...I got it to work by logging out, restart and then logging back in and re-syncing.