How many calories in that recipe??

Hello Ladies!

Hope you are all as excited as we are to get this Non Diet party started!

As we begin this launch, I wanted to address calorie count on our recipes we have put out, and those we will continue to share...

Many of you have asked about the calorie content for recipes, and if we can include this info in the recipes we share. This is an excellent question! In a perfect world that would really simplify things, and we LOVE simplicity--in fact, that is a huge aspect to the philosophy behind the organization in ALL of the material we are sharing--but if we gave you the info, chances are it would be pretty inaccurate. This is one of the big mistakes a lot of us make when using recipes. If we are going by the info provided, they are only roughly approximate. We all use different brands, play with the portions, and change up ingredients that we have on hand. This can make pretty significant variances in the info.

That being said, MyFitnessPal has made that supper simple for us! They have an awesome recipe building feature, that allows you to add all your specific portions and brands to get an exact breakdown on the stats! You can even name it, save it, make it public, and go back and edit it anytime! This also makes is super simple to add the info to your food log!

Remember, make recipes a building block to use what you have on hand, and create delicious meals just the way you like them, just swap away! Don't like squash and carrots? Use broccoli and mushrooms, it's your call... have FUN with it!

Another thing I LOVE to do is bulk up with veggies. Add a ton of veggies to eggs, meatloaf, soups, pasta--YOU NAME IT... and talk about getting some serious portions (and nutrition!) for your calorie buck!

I know I'm a hungry girl, and I get to eat to my hearts content by throwing in the veggies! It's amazing how big I can get a 1/2 cup rice bowl to!

Happy logging ladies!

Replies

• This post was right on time. I was trying to figure out how to pump up my cup of turkey chili without adding more than 100 calories.
  • That's awesome Barbie! That was one of the best habits I built for me personally. I love food, and I need a good size portion, so this has allowed me to stay ubber satisfied on lower calories. Luckily I love vegetables... I probably eat 10 servings or more a day, and it's completely painless. ;)