October 22nd

GIAngel222
GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
This week's challenge is to try something new and eat properly. I am doing a lighter challenge for this week to help myself and others get back on track but to also change things up!

What I mean by "try something new" is if you are that person who has been dying to get to Zumba but too worried about doing it, GO. NOW. DO. IT. If you have always wanted to jump rope, go buy a rope and start jumping. You want to lift weights but are too embarrassed to go over, well do it. I DARE YOU :)

As for the eating right, I want you to eat 3 vegetables and 2 servings of fruits per day and do not exceed any of your macros. If you don't know what an actual serving size are for fruit\veggies, check out this chart.

http://athletics.macalester.edu/custompages/Deno_Videos/nutrition/Fruit_and_Vegetable_Chart.pdf

Good Luck everyone. I want to hear what you did differently and if you enjoyed it!

Replies

• BookterAE12
    BookterAE12 Posts: 82 Member
    I'm in! I like the idea of trying to eat better as part of the challenge. I've met with a dietitian several times about portions and what my plate should look like, but it's a struggle to plan these things out and meet calorie goal as well.

As far as trying something new...... I would like to try zumba or JM's buns and thighs. Now I have the perfect excuse to really push myself.

What are you trying new?
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Im in. I added weights today. I know that is something small but I always feel awkward when I do them so I just dont. It felt good to do something besides cardio today. I did still do my cardio I just mixed in the weights.
  • I failed miserably at last weeks challenge, so I'm definitely on board for this one! This is a good week for trying something new! =)
  • GIAngel222
    For my new, I am going to go to the gym before work. This isn't a huge task for some people but it is for me. I get up for work at 5:30 as is, so I am going to try to get to the gym before work, to change up my routine and do cardio in the AM for at least 3 days this week. I did it Monday, was at the gym at 4:30 am and home by 5:30... Wednesday and Thursday 4:30 am, here I come!!
  • GIAngel222
    How are you guys doing with eating right and trying something new? I want to hear from you!
  • Was just able to get on here today and read the challenge. I bought a jump rope many months ago, gonna start using it today! I certainly need to work on getting more fruits and veggies in. If we would only realize by the time we get in our five servings of fruits/veggies, 8 servings of water, our dairy and protein, there's no room left for the junk!!
  • So far, so good. It was a little difficult yesterday to get in the veggies and fruits yesterday since I was at a company bbq, but I managed to sneak them in. And I played volleyball, tug of war, and participated in a sack race relay. That was definitely something new =)
  • badknees29
    badknees29 Posts: 23 Member
    i jogged outside...i put alot of pressure on my knees with lifting and i have cardio machine stamina so wanted to try and see if i could grap the jog outside bug..didn't go as far as i wanted to, but still did iit... working on adding more calories to build and support new muscle mass growth.
  • BookterAE12
    BookterAE12 Posts: 82 Member
    So are I'm eating well, but cannot bring myself to exercise. I feel like being sick and recovering has just drained my energy completely. Luckily, I got my butt in gear and walked Leon (my yorkie) today.