loose skin?

Options
I have a decent amount of weight to lose (83lbs) and had a girlfriend last year that had lost less then that (65), and ended up having to get surgery to remove excess skin on her stomach. I have been terrified since that I will have a massive excess of skin after I'm done losing weight.
The one thing helping, it seems, is taller women don't have as much of a problem (she was 5ft even). So I guess I'm just curious, and know this is a sensitive subject, if anyone has experience, issues, didn't happen to them, etc.
Just any insight would be extremely helpful, even though I know everyone's body is different.

Replies

• pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I started out at 292 and when I got down to my goal of 175 after about 5 years. I was overweight from childhood to my first year of college (about 8 yrs old - 19) so my skin was stretched out for a long time. I had a tummy tuck this past May because there was so much loose skin and it wasn't going anywhere; he removed 4 lbs of skin! I think it depends on how long you've been overweight, how overweight you GOT, and how you lose the weight.
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i've gained and lost 60-70 pounds with each pregnancy. (on my way back down now after my 3rd baby). I get HUGE! Anyway, my tummy gets toned and flat again each time. I do have some stretch marks but they don't bother me. After my second, i actually was able to see my ab muscles and I did not have any loose skin. I guess it just depends on the person but don't think you will HAVE to get a tummy tuck. Maybe it depends on the duration of time that you held the extra weight? hmmm
  • LizGozza
    Options
    I held an extra 40 for 4 years, then another 40 for the past year. So I guess not long, and I know my skin bounces back quite a bit, its still just.... intimidating?

Thank you for sharing your experience pkiesch, congrats on losing that weight!

would love to keep hearing from ladies if they want to share