Guess What Tomorrow Is?

Options
DId you guess my surgery date? If so pat your self on the back!

Replies

• mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did, because I have your name on my list...in fact you are the first surgery on my list :) Praying for you today, and can't wait to hear how you're doing. Thinking of you!
  • Mi2sc
    Mi2sc Posts: 29
    Options
    I am doing good...drinking and walking. I am sore sore sore, thank goodness for ice packs!
  • mum_of_one
    Options
    great to hear from you. I'm very interested on what the experience was like, considering my surgery is so close now ....5 days and counting :)
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    im sure both of yall will do wonderful!!!! congrats by the way again on surgery...
  • Mi2sc
    Mi2sc Posts: 29
    Options
    After surgery I got up pretty quick, but the nausea was pretty bad, after they got that settled I was up walking around every four hours (the more I move the better I feel). The second day they moved me to liquid Vicodin (disgusting) it is half an ounce I had to drink, I had to chase it with crystal light and un jury protein drink. I did get something for the spasms in my eshopgaus, that helps a lot . I am working on an ounce of un jury or water every hour ... Plus trying to move even if it is from the bed to a chair...helps push the bubbles out...lol! You all will be great!
  • RunningGranny
    Options
    Congratulations!
    keep posting your progress!:flowerforyou:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear all went well with your surgery. The more you walk the better you will feel. They had me up 4 hours after my surgery and every 4 hours after that. I got so bored I was walking more than that too and didn't lay in the hospital bed except to sleep. I sat in the recliner they had in the room. I couldn't tolerate the liquid vicaodin, made me vomit so they had to cut vicadin pain pills in half and I had to swallow them. I didn't take many after day 2. Due to my hital hernia that was repaired while they did my sleeve they kept me till Fri vs the usual Wed after a Monday surgery. The next day after I was released I went shopping for 4 hours!
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me yesterday the vicodin was nasty lol...He told me I would do well that I did well with all my other surgeries he has done. I hope so...I am so scared of throwing up. I KNOW I will want to push myself to get up and walk. I too plan on sitting in the chair...I am going to do whatever it takes to get me out of there!

Also did anyone have to take an injection (given to yourself) in the abdomon the night before then 14 days after you come home from the hospital. He said this is to prevent blood clots...a little concerned about giving myself a shot..I will probably have to have my hubby give it to me! :) Also he has prescribed a patch to go behind my left ear to put on the night before surgery and it can stay on for three days, then I can get another one if I want for nausea..anyone else get that?
  • kjhendrickson90
    Options
    I am not very tolerant of narcotics so I was a pukey mess when they tried giving me something. BUT those little patches work wonders! In the hospital (and home) I ended up only taking Tylenol for pain, and the dot for nausea and I felt ok. I mean the pain was there but totally manageable.

I also had the anti-clot shots. Its pretty painless (if someone else gives it to!!! haha).

GOOD LUCK!!!! The anticipation leading up to it is worse than anything else.