Biggest health mistakes

Options

Replies

• BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I liked most of this article,:smile:
    except where the author recommends adults take a multivitamin twice a day, every day.:noway:

I think those who DO want to take a vitamin/mineral supplement,
    should only do so 2 or 3 times a week,
    giving their bodies "days off" to flush out in between doses.

Overdosing one's self with vitamins is okay to do with the water soluable vitamins, like the Bs, Cs, etc, cuz the healthy body will excrete the excess (only minor side effects, like diarrhea with overdosing of vitamin C)
    but,
    the FAT-soluable vitamins can build up, especially in elderly people, causing toxicity, which can manifest in any number of a variety of ways
    DEPENDING ON WHICH VITAMIN THE PERSON IS OVERDOSING ON
    including confusion or mental fuzziness,
    liver damage,
    headaches, blurred vision, stomach upset, nausea and vomitting, physical clumsiness, central nervous system disorders,blood dyscrasias,
    irritability, constipation, fatique, dehydration, weakness, slowed thyroid functioning, bleeding, triglyceride levels increasing, blood clots,
    stroke,
    and interference with several prescription meds.

People who don't eat enough fruits and veggies should only be taking vitamins every OTHER day at most often.

...................and don't get me started on the ground up herbs and "natural" supplements, what THOSE do when taken daily.
    wow.
  • jsbabw
    jsbabw Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing this. Do you know of a good multi to take every day?
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I liked most of this article, except where the author recommends adults take a multivitamin twice a day, every day.

I think those who DO want to take a vitamin/mineral supplement, should only do so 2 or 3 times a week, giving their bodies "days off" to flush out in between doses.

Overdosing one's self with vitamins is okay to do with the water soluable vitamins, ... the FAT-soluable vitamins can build up, causing toxicity, which can manifest in any number of a variety of ways--- DEPENDING ON WHICH VITAMIN THE PERSON IS OVERDOSING ON ...
    I agree. Totally.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing this. Do you know of a good multi to take every day?
    I only take a B12 once or twice a week, a D3 once a week, and that's it. Everything else my body needs I get from what I eat (which is primarily raw vegetables (as many as I can eat), raw fruit, steamed vegetables, nuts, legumes, tofu, and some whole grains.