Share your story

Options
2»

Replies

• megacallowhealth
    Options
    I had the gatric bypass almost 11yrs ago, and within 3 months after having the surgery, I got pregnant. While pregnant, My OB insisted that I graze to get more food in for the sake of the baby test showed that i was becoming malnurished (although not skinny or close to it). After having a healthy baby girl, the weight just dropped off...I still lost 135lbs, and had plastic surgery to fix the distruction having all of the weight did to my body. I just knew I was fixed and would forever remain well below 200lbs...telling everyone I will never have to shop in the plus sizes again. ...WELL HERE I AM!!! 4yrs after getting to my lowest 174, I bounced up and down between 180 and 190. Trying to get that under control I would juice fast and cleanse, and then I would end up gaining even more than I lost. I leveled off at 220lbs at 7 years after the gastric, then I left my job to be a stay at home mom and over the past more than 4yrs, I have gained over 30lbs. Altogether gaining back 80lbs of the 135lbs that I lost initially. FYI***THIS IS MY GOAL PICTURE. I NEED TO LOOK AT IT EVERY DAY AS A REMINDER. this picture was pre-plastice surgery. Shorty after this picture I got a tummy tuck and breast implants.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I had RNY in 2008 at nine months I had lost about 60lbs never lost anymore after that. Kept it off for two years. Now I have gained back all of it with a few friends. joined about 3 weeks ago and hoping to get it all off. Kind of a bummer wanting to see the scale just drop like it did before but I know...When I had the RNY I never even tried to learn about nutrition or how many calories burned. This time around I am making it a point to learn about those things. I am lucky enough to have a couple of hours on the Net to learn about Nutrition and put it to use. That is what keeps me motivated daily is to focus on it every day. I know where I made my mistake and am working to not let it happen again. My two diet killers are "One time will not hurt" and "not today". I am trying to do this without a revison.
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome to:

chasingamyliz
    nanainkent
    megacallowhead

We are all in this together!

Hugs,
    Deb