Replies

• ashandcam14
    ashandcam14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ashley
    salt lake city
    mom of 2 (2 yr old & 6 month old)
    nurse
    workin' off the baby weight... only 8 lbs to go!
    love MFP
  • scerorjr
    scerorjr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Whoa...maybe I should too!
    I'm 34. I play on a rugby team and want to play at a higher level, so I figured it was time to get in better shape. I work in an office down town, but a Gym opened up last spring in the same block as my office, so I figured now was the time to get going! I work with an awesome trainer there. In fact she monitors MFP to make sure I'm eating well!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    David
    Taylorsville
    I have 3 teen boys.
    I just got married 6 months ago to a wonderful woman.
    About 5 years ago I lost about 60 lbs, but put it all back on when I went through my divorce.
  • ltupola
    ltupola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My name is Isa, from West Jordan. I have 2 little kids, an active, loud, and way to smart for her own good, 4 year old daughter and an active, super hero wanna be, 2 year old son. I have a hardworking, loving husband, who has lost 95 lbs in the last year and a half and they are my world. Working out and eating right isn't new for me, or us as a family, but I would like to get better. Although working out isn't new, running is for me. I want to run a half marathon by next year... so I am slowly working up to it. Anyways, I have been a stay at home mom since my first pregnancy until recently I started working outside my home. Fitting family, exercise, good health and work has been a challenge, but not impossible. I want to get down to my predating my husband weight. :) I gained a bit after meeting my husband and then getting married and pregnant didn't help. LOL I have made a few blog entries on my page about gaining and losing and gaining it back with a second pregnancy.... So that is where I am now and about 22 lbs away from my goal weight, which I want to reach by my 6th wedding anniversary in December. :) Love MFP though!!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm Laurie, currently living in Salt Lake City, but hometown is West Jordan. Basically I work, go to SLCC and stalk MFP. I am a member of 24 Hour fitness gym and trying to complete the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I love our beautiful state and really want to get out and go hiking and start to enjoy our landscape!
  • snoopy7501
    snoopy7501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm Ryan from Sugarhouse. I'm single and living on my own, and working to be much more active and fit than I ever have before. I am doing the Stronglifts strength training program and using MFP to track my food intake. I am an avid road cycler. This year I tried a few hiking trails and loved it. Great to meet everyone!
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm Dan - 40 years old - Married - Network Administrator - I work out at 24 hour fitness - right now I am doing the Stop Training like an Idiot workout by Jim Stoppani - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner-to-advanced-bodybuilder-in-12-weeks.html.
    check out my profile for more info.
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Leann
    Woods Cross, UT
    42 yrs old
    Mother of 2 girls
    Love Zumba class and my elliptical machine :)
    Lost 70 lbs in the last year and joined here a couple of weeks ago, 20 lbs to go!
    No one has posted on here for a while so just winging it to see if anyone is around...
  • chick_smc
    chick_smc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Sha-Vonn. I moved to SLC last April. I have already lost 40 pounds only 40 more to go!! I really like living here! I am always up for some helpful hints on where good place to go hiking, camping, snowshoeing and anywhere I can take my dog.
  • acbabbitt
    acbabbitt Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm here! I'm from the east coast, but I love living in slc. Not a Mormon, but my husband and I have found some good friends here.
  • the_britster
    the_britster Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm britney
    I'm 18 and I have lost 41 pounds but I have been stuck on a plateau for months. I love Planet fitness and MFP. I have lived in Orem for one year and five months.
  • KYLIEMG93
    KYLIEMG93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Kylie. I turned 20 in May and I'm trying to loose about 65lbs. So far I've lost 5lbs. I just started this the begging of this month so I'm pretty excited.
  • misstinowen
    misstinowen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Rachel. I'm 32, a web developer (read very sedentary job) and I'm about 150lbs overweight. it snuck up on me and I'm done with it. I workout daily on my elliptical and at work (walk with a group). The hardest thing I have to overcome is a boyfriend who pushes me to overeat. I'm attempting to be a vegetarian, not for moral reasons, but because it makes me feel better and I believe it is healthier.
  • brdgt
    brdgt Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi I'm Bridget and just moved to SLC in August 2013 from Wisconsin (originally from Vermont) to finish my dissertation while my fiance started his post-doc at the University. I'm 37 and enjoy running, yoga, ultimate frisbee, and rock climbing. Since I moved here I've started to try trail running and am training for my third half marathon (the SLC marathon in April) and hoping to do it in under 2 hours. We love all the hiking and outdoors activities we can do here and try to get out for a hike every weekend, even when there's snow. Sadly, the inversion has moved my half-marathon training indoors to the University gym, but at least there is a track and I'm not stuck on a treadmill!
  • pixiefairy1981
    pixiefairy1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow... does anyone come here anymore??

I'm Megan, I'm from up north - Ogden area. I've been off and on MFP and just recently started coming back every day. I have a 3 year old and work at a desk job. I workout twice a week, sometimes three if I am very lucky or make the time. I am going on a cruise in October and am making it a goal to be at the same weight I was (and in BETTER shape) than the previous cruise 4 years ago. I have 17 lbs to go.

Anyway, let's get some action on here!
  • scottgperry2142
    scottgperry2142 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Scott Perry and live in Sandy, Utah. So far I've lost 43 lbs and getting much stronger. I'm diabetic and switched to a Vegan diet about two months ago. Always looking for new activities and vegan friendly restaurants to try out.