Food tips.

Options
I just had to let eveyone know how much I love sweet potatoes! I wrap a few up in some tin-foil seperately with nothing added, just the awesomeness of the sweet potato. Throw them in the crock-pot for 3.5 hours on high and there I go. Deliciousness in a small sweet tin-foil pocket! Throw them in the fridge. The make a quick grab for lunches or supper if you don't have time to cook from start to finish.
You can do it with regular potatoes but I find them kind of blah.

What's your food tip?

Replies

• ifitkillsme
    Options
    Will definitely be trying that, thanks for the idea. I just recently made sweet potato hash browns. Salt and Pepper. Tasty!
  • To get a healthy protein quick fix if I'm in a hurry. I mix an egg with tuna, make patties and grill it. It's SO good and it gives it a cheesy taste even though I don't use any cheese!!!
  • SusannaDandana
    Options
    To get a healthy protein quick fix if I'm in a hurry, I mix an egg with tuna, make patties and grill it. It's SO good and it gives it a cheesy taste even though I don't use any cheese!!!

I am going to have to try that!
  • MrsJJUt
    MrsJJUt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I LOVE butternutt squash... peel it, cut it up in slices little pam and some salt and pepper and roast it at 425 for 25 min... flip and 25 more min or until it gets crispy... Feels like I'm eating french friest :) so Yummy! I have acutally been roasting everything like this... fresh green beans(with balsalmic vinegar), asparagus... cabbage... califlower... all yummy!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    To get a healthy protein quick fix if I'm in a hurry, I mix an egg with tuna, make patties and grill it. It's SO good and it gives it a cheesy taste even though I don't use any cheese!!!

Sounds good. I'm gonna have to try it too.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I LOVE EDAMAME BEANS!! Better than anything. Steamed or boiled with a little bit of salt, straight out of the shell. Good protein too.
  • lorik33t
    lorik33t Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack right now is Vanilla Greek Yogurt. 12g of protien in one container. I spend a little more per ounce to get the individual containers instead of the bulk one because while cheaper it doesn't save that much and I have to portion it out. If it's pre-portioned I'm more likely to eat it. :happy:
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I LOVE butternutt squash... peel it, cut it up in slices little pam and some salt and pepper and roast it at 425 for 25 min... flip and 25 more min or until it gets crispy... Feels like I'm eating french friest :) so Yummy! I have acutally been roasting everything like this... fresh green beans(with balsalmic vinegar), asparagus... cabbage... califlower... all yummy!

French fries?! You don't say... I may have to try this. I don't like many vegetables but if it tastes remotely like french fries I'm all over it!
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you want to jazz up your fruit intake with some more nutrition I recommend a bowl with chopped banana, raisins, honey and pro-biotic yoghurt :)
  • bonifachi
    bonifachi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    all these ideas sound so great. I have a cute wee squash in the cupboard that I am going to use today. Am going to roast it whole, scoop out the insides and fill it with mashed squash,breadcrumbs, vegemite, sea salt and cottage cheese. yum.

I also love kumara (sweet potato). So much better than regular potatoes and so much better for you.

My go to at the moment is corn thins, cucumber, and cottage cheese with a mug of rooibos tea. YUM.
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options

Me too!!
  • funfactoryfacepainting
    Options
    I have been enjoying low sugar apple cinn instant oatmeal with a chopped cooked apple( cooked in microwave) with cinn on the apple. It's like a sweet teat but filling. i eat it often for lunch at work.
  • funfactoryfacepainting
    Options

French fries?! You don't say... I may have to try this. I don't like many vegetables but if it tastes remotely like french fries I'm all over it!
  • funfactoryfacepainting
    Options
    sweet potato fries cooked the same way are yummy too.
  • sweet potato fries cooked the same way are yummy too.

Mmmm sweet potato fries are awesome!!
  • smokedragon97
    smokedragon97 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

This sounds wonderful... I'm going to try this when I get home!
  • smokedragon97
    smokedragon97 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I LOVE EDAMAME BEANS!! Better than anything. Steamed or boiled with a little bit of salt, straight out of the shell. Good protein too.

YES!! Absolutely fabulous! Especially with sushi! I miss sushi! :sad:
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I got the idea for a recipe off one of the recipe/crock pot threads.... this was dinner tonight and OMG it was good.

2 cans fire roasted Tex-Mex tomatoes
    2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 packet of hot taco seasoning mix
    1 small bag of frozen corn
    8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Original recipe called for crock pot. I put mine in a pot on the stove (threw it all in together) and cooked until done. Brought to a boil and then simmered.