Endomondo or Mapmyride

Options
What do people prefer? Endomondo or Mapmyride.

I use Mapmyride at the moment, but alot of people seem to use the other.

Has anybody used both? Which is the best?

Replies

• Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    That depends... use it for what, specifically? Just mapping? Ride performance analysis? Planning? Competition?
  • ButterSlinky77
    Options
    Mapping and keeping tabs on training. I don't race, but i do a few rides for charity throughout the year. 56 miles is my longest so far, but I like to sail through them, so I do alot of training.
  • Cyclink
    Options
    For that, I'd probably recommend RideWithGPS.com. They give the most ride analysis of any site that I've seen and they have a decent mapping system.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, Starva seems to have the best stats via the mobile app... I don't use the actual websites for any of these things though, so I can't comment on that.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Tried both, of the 2 Endo is the my pick that is if you turn the voice prompts off - they are beyond annoying! I have been using Strava for months now and really like it. I enjoy the competitive side to it as it gives me new ideas where to ride. Haven't tried RideWithGPS, maybe in the new year.
  • shaneNSW
    shaneNSW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    endo is the go - i have tracked with it for a year now
  • jhalsey205
    jhalsey205 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use all (sort of). I have a Garmin Forerunner 310xt and thus my data automatically goes to Garmin Connect. I export the data to Strava (I love the social aspect, data presentation and tracking of PR's and segment performance). I also export my data into Endomondo which is now linked with MyFitnessPal. I also export into MapMyRide as I think they have the most complete archive of alternative ride data.

I started off exporting into all with the thoughts of dumping 2 along the way but have found reason to keep them all; besides, exporting/importing the data is easy and requires little time or effort. That said, the 2 I rely upon the most are Garmin Connect and Strava
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    I started off exporting into all with the thoughts of dumping 2 along the way but have found reason to keep them all; besides, exporting/importing the data is easy and requires little time or effort. That said, the 2 I rely upon the most are Garmin Connect and Strava

Plus, from a computer point of view, always remember, unless you have your data in at least 3 different places, you don't really have it!

(Endomondo/Strava/Garmin Connect online and Sportstrack3, Cycleops Poweragent and Goldencheetah on my PC... yeah - I'm kind of paranoid. So sue me!)
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I use the following:

1. Dailymile (cyclemeter on iPhone) and then export the files to Strava and Endomondo.

2. Strava- It calculates the stop time more accurately

3. Endomondo: there is no concept of "moving time" it takes the entire time as the moving time.

I somehow never got to like imapmyride and runkeeper.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use CardioTrainer? I run and bike so I like that CardioTrainer can track either. I don't care about the competion but now I'm a little interested in Stravo due to posts I've seen recently. I didn't like Mapride and so didn't use it very long.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've used quite a few different ones. I don't race and am only interested in keeping track of my rides and calories. Endo is pretty simple and connects to MFP which is very convenient. It doesn't keep track of stop time. AllsportsGPS is an app that does a pretty good job of keeping track of stop time vs active time which is convenient but not a deal maker.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use CardioTrainer? I run and bike so I like that CardioTrainer can track either. I don't care about the competion but now I'm a little interested in Stravo due to posts I've seen recently. I didn't like Mapride and so didn't use it very long.

I use CardioTrainer for biking, running, and walking - I have used the others (and thought they were okay) but this is the app that stuck!
  • jaded082
    jaded082 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have used mapmyride app now for about 5 months and I love it. I love how I can get online and see how I bike better or worse than the week before, along with other things.

I downloaded a $4 app for endo, how different is that from the actual gadget? Cause I wasn't all that impressed with the app.
  • Cyclink
    Options
    (Endomondo/Strava/Garmin Connect online and Sportstrack3, Cycleops Poweragent and Goldencheetah on my PC... yeah - I'm kind of paranoid. So sue me!)

All that and you don't have TrainingPeaks?? Slacker :-)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options

All that and you don't have TrainingPeaks?? Slacker :-)

I do, but tbh, only to send my diary results to my Trainer - never actually "look at the data" in there, as the analysis in GoldenCheetah is far better than the freebie TP online setup, and I'm WAY too tight to pay for subscription version :lol:
  • bethlikesbikes
    Options
    I map all my rides with ridewithgps.com. Their elevation data is more accurate than mapmyride and I find it more reliable and easier to use. I also like Strava and Training Peaks.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I record my rides with Cyclemeter iPhone app and then upload to ridewithgps.com. Not a big fan of strava or some of the other apps I have tried.
  • Cyclink
    Options
    I map all my rides with ridewithgps.com. Their elevation data is more accurate than mapmyride and I find it more reliable and easier to use. I also like Strava and Training Peaks.

That's pretty much my setup. I use RidewithGPS to plan out rides, Strava to record rides for competition in segments, and WKO+ (the desktop version of TrainingPeaks) to analyze the training/power data (which also includes all my computrainer data).
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Another vote for RideWithgps. I also use Garmin Connect and Strava. Started out with RunKeeper, but stopped using it.
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I used Endomondo on my phone to track my rides and then would enter the data into RideWithGPS before I got the Garmin 500. Since getting the Garmin, I use it to track the ride (on two of my bikes - need a third mount) and upload the data to RideWithGPS. I am paying a subscription fee with RWGPS because I am impressed enough with the metrics they provide.

Since Endomondo is now compatible with MFP, I may start uploading my information there as well just to capture the data in more than one place.