Options
    I'm in!!

SW 175
    CW 157
    GW 135

I plan to lose 20 pounds by Christmas!!
  • Toops72
    Options
    HI I'm Michelle, I'm 40 years old 5'1 and 140 lbs. I've been trying to lose 20 lbs all year! I'm hoping that joining a group will with motivation and support. I would love to lose 15 lbs by Christmas, so I'm in! Ultimate GW 120lbs
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 26 years old, female. I started at 185 and Im currently at 174.4.

15lb would be perfect for me by xmas (159.4 is near enough my goal) BUT and heres the But.............I have an all inclusive 2 weeks carribean holiday to contend with before Xmas!!! can i do it? It will depend on how much I gain while im away.

oh and im 5ft 9ins

tomorrow sunday 21/10/12 will be exactly 5 weeks until i go on my holiday, so i will weigh in with my offical start weight for this challenve in the morning.

my plan is to lose as much of the 15 as i can before I go on holiday - i get home on the 11th dec so that will give me exactly 2 weeks to get to the end of the challenge
  • sonyalbruno
    sonyalbruno Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Sonya and I am 25 years old. Im 5"9, currently my weight varies between 181-178 depending on the day. I started my goal of shedding 20 pounds before Christmas a few weeks ago but havent really been that serious about it but I looked at the calendar a few days ago and its coming up fast!! Time to get serious!!
    I welcome all friend request as you can never have too many suporters along the way.
    Good luck everyone, we CAN do it!!
  • HopeAtWork
    HopeAtWork Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me IN! This is a perfect motivator, on this - my first day on MyFitnessPal :)
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    @ estellem75 I know how that works! I had issues with stones to lbs to kg for a while! :] Not a huge difference (5lbs) so I'm sure you can do it as well!

@ jnp96 I'm 5'4" too and actually you are 2.8lbs from my ultimate goal weight of 127 :]
    I was hoping he original creator would show up but nothin yet?! I guess we can check in at the end of each week or should it be 2? I also will make a board for measurements if anyone is interested to post them xoxo OR before pictures.

@ carmencc26 I also gained enough to bring me to 210 when I was pregnant with our first baby! I started around 140 as well. I also am around 160-170 :] Seems like we have a bit in common excep I'm 5'4" Lots of luck to you getting back to your comfort zone

@ Suttonraine Wow two challenges eh? You should be able to work it out especially with all the fitness you like lol! I want to lose 1.5lbs per week too

@ sollalala Wow you are really reaching for the stars, but I am sure you can do whatever you set your mind to.

@ lizzy755 Nice mustache! Lol Lots of luck :]

@ cranjo773 I love keeping track of my food, it's my favorite part! Especially the bar code scanner on our phone now

@ Heather (hmariet88) My middle name is Marie too (I assume yours is from your ID correctm e if Im wrong!) & I started at about 186 wow you have my loss beat for sure can't wait to catch up with you (or down with you! lol)

@ Lorione111 Sounds like a plan! I would think groups help motivate and even force people into their workouts LOL!

@ dianneasmith1 You're a high roller, I like that! lol Me, not so much, I will stick to 15 lol

@ Toops72 Hi Michelle! Sounds like you don't have a crazy amount to lose. This would bring you really close to your goal weight so let's pray and maybe you can even lose an extra 5 without trying to, wouldn't that be nice? Lol then you'd be done with it!

@ ChocFiend Yay! I will also post a new post for JUST weigh ins, measurements and Before Pictures :] later today

@ sonya_rowley I love your hair! You lose any yet since you set your goal for 20pounds? Maybe this can help you quicken the pace and step it up too.

@ HopeAtWork That is fantastic to see! You stepped right into it. lol. I pray you get to your first goal with no issues by this holiday season
  • MrsLeilanie
    MrsLeilanie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me :) need to lose 15 by Christmas too
  • NikIsSkinny
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea :) I'm aiming for a 15 pound loss, although with my current health issues (my metabolism has bottomed out due to thyroid problems) I'll be happy if I lose even 10.
    Height: 5'4''
    Current Weight: 175 pounds
    Christmas Goal: 160 pounds
  • luvScott
    luvScott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My weight has yo-yo'd up and down by 30 pounds over the last few years. I started MFP yesterday at 165 and I would love to be between 145-150 by Christmas (I'm female, 5'7"). Maybe being accountable to all of you will help keep me motivated :)
  • ness823
    ness823 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Vanessa.. I started trying to eat healthy/get fit in June. I did pretty well up until about a month ago, but I am ready to get back on track. I'm so sick of feeling so blah all the time. I'm not sure if 15 pounds is totally realistic for me as I suffered a head injury a bit ago and cannot work yet at full intensity just yet (slowly getting there), but I will do my best!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    @ NikIsSkinny No doubt I would be happy with even 5lbs lost! I know what you mean about thyroid issues because I am pretty sure I have one and it runs in my family a lot.

@ ljflan That is how I feel too because it helps to feel like you will let someone down if you dont try. :] Welcome here and don't worry, you won't yo yo anymore, I pray !

@ Vanessa (nessa823) Wow I'm sorry to hear that and I pray you're healing up nicely. I'm sure you can still do really well, event with a lighter exercise regimen.
  • jlgranola
    Options
    Lost another pound! 14 to go for my 100lb Christmas milestone. :). Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • bluedrinkgirl
    Options
    Lost another pound! 14 to go for my 100lb Christmas milestone. :). Keep up the great work everyone!!!
    @jlgranola...You look great on the before & after photos. Good job on the weight loss
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Katie, I'm 29 years old and live in the UK. My stats are:

SW - 271
    CW - 241
    GW (overall) - 168
    GW (xmas) - 221

Fingers crossed we can all hit our targets before santa arrives :D
  • Verity1111
    Options
    @ jlgranola Yay! I think I lost too, but I'm on TOM so it is difficult to know :/ for a couple of days. I was at like 167 at one point in the recent days. Seems like the lbs I gained over the last couple weeks fell back off quickly from what I can tell now.

@ katescurios Nice! That is a lot of pounds to shed, but I am sure it is possible if you work towards it.
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Opps! I joined the group a week or so ago and swiftly forgot about it!

It's a great goal though and one I hope I can meet but the time of year is going to be difficult...! (wine, sausage rolls, wine, meat, wine...)

I have been running for a while but only really made big changes to my regime / diet on 3rd September and it's been going well until recently, where i seem to have plateaued... I need to make time to mix up the exercise a bit but really struggling as between work, cooking, my course, exercise sessions twice a week with mum, visiting my ill nan and actually getting some time in with my other half, it's really starting to grate - feeling the need for some inspiration!

I've been running 5k 6 mornings a week since September (it's going to get very difficult with the cold/wet weather!). I'm pretty good with my calorie counting 5/6 days out of the week.. as i say i guess i just need to mix it up and keep my body guessing!

SW (03/09/12): 173.8
    CW (26/10/12): 156.5
    GW (25/12/12): 141.5
    Final GW: 134

Lets see what we can do! :)
  • MamaTeter0912
    MamaTeter0912 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Danielle from Maryland & I am 22.

SW: 149.8 (10/20/12)
    CW: 145.6
    GW: 115

GOAL BY CHRISTMAS: 129
  • HopeAtWork
    HopeAtWork Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ending my first week of using MFP, and I really like it! It has been invaluable to helping me really understand and re-evaluate my eating habits. I (still do) believe that compared to the 'average person', I have very good eating habits. But for rare occasions (ie. french bread crudettes) I cook with healthy grains (brown rice, whole wheat flour, whole wheat pasta, 5-grain oats), I dont eat a lot of junk food, I eat lot of veggies, etc. But apparently, I have been eating more than I need to ..... obviously, duh!!

When I was working from my home office, I had lots more flexibility to fit exercise into my schedule, and so while working out several times a week, just eating 'smart' was good enough to help me loose 25 lbs. But this new job (that I've now had about a year) doesn't allow me to work from home. Now I'm struggling like everyone else who works outside the home, trying to figure out how to fit healthy practices into my everyday life.

Using MFP this week has really opened my eyes to the fact that with my current (semi-active) lifestyle, they way I used to eat and loose weight is now only going to sustain my current weight ... which I don't like at all! So now I've got 2 actions .... (1) make even smarter choices about what/how I eat, (2) cut my calorie consumption by 500/week, and (3) increase my activity level for even faster weight loss.

Tomorrow morning will be my first weight in after starting. Stay tuned .......
  • ellaraenae1
    ellaraenae1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I thought I joined this group but haven't updated and can't find I actually joined --

I started in January at 213, lost 20 went on a cruise, to the beach with family and started two weeks ago at 207 --- ugh --

Lost great the first week -- not sure how this week will go but trying to stick to it --

Hoping for 15 by Christmas -- more would be great but 15 would be fabulous --

Open to suggestions, ideas --- comments --

Good luck everyone -- wishing us all great success --
  • kosmo24
    kosmo24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    on my last 21lbs so this fits in just perfect SW-201.3