Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

burpees

2»

Replies

• crashri
    crashri Posts: 19 Member
    I just had to do 5 sets of 20 of these plus 20 KB swings and I realized that I do them ALL wrong. The key is to NOT do a pushup at all. The down should be a fall, as described above with a minor catch in your arms so you don't slam into the floor and the up should be more like a snake push-up (the Cobra was a very good description). Also the feet wider so you are jumping from a squatting position is dead on.
    Worked on correcting that in set 3,4,&5 and it went much better.
  • Vmg773
    Vmg773 Posts: 49 Member
    The jumping wide was good advice for me. Today I did a total of 68 burpees. And I didn't cry. Progress.
  • ricestephanie11
    ricestephanie11 Posts: 25 Member
    This. Burpees got so much easier when I started jumping wider! Also, don't waste your energy on getting down on the ground gracefully. Flop if necessary HA!
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    I'll have to try jumping wide next time. I'm still incredibly slow with them...
  • ryanband
    ryanband Posts: 9 Member
    basically, keep your feet wider!

this
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    A guy at my box recently did 1180 burpees in one day to raise money for a charity (one burpee per $1). I feel that I can never complain about burpees ever again.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    A guy at my box recently did 1180 burpees in one day to raise money for a charity (one burpee per $1). I feel that I can never complain about burpees ever again.

Who gave the money? The guy did the burpees?
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member

Who gave the money? The guy did the burpees?
    Various people donated to the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society on his behalf and he did one burpee for each dollar.
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    So the floppy snake burpee is correct? Cuz that's how I do them, and I thought it was sloppy form. I'm kinda new to this stuff, so I was imagining that I needed to work on it... I guess I don't?
  • Using an overhead target (like the games standard) has really improved my burpees. I also place tape on the floor as target under my overhead target. I guess i focus on the targets and the not pain. I <3 Burpees.

the 100 day burpee challenge will also help.

3-2-1 GO!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    LEARN TO LOVE BURPEES!!!! They will improve your strength.
    I am thinking I am to 30 Burpees/Day for 30 Days in November. They can be done ANYWHERE!!!
    I even have my kids doing them now too.