Welcome! :] Post your story/measurements/pictures, whatever!

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
Welcome to the group everyone! My name is Jolene. I'm 22 years old, married a full-time college student and a mommy of two (nearly 2 year old and a 7 month old). Not a huge bunch of us, but enough to keep in contact and may add a few more soon. :] I will post a link to our worksheet, where we can keep all of our progress marked. I wasn't sure when you all would like to "weigh-in" or how often when it comes to inches/measurements, but I figured once every 2 weeks is better for measurements since 1inch won't be gone as quickly as 1lb would. Let me know if the dates I marked look okay to you! (I stole some of this information from another group post I made by the way, I was being a little lazy and didn't want to rewrite the same information :] Lol). If you want to measure once per week instead, let me know and I will add more weeks to the worksheet. If you want to measure once per month, skip a measurement and do the next instead!

Our Worksheet:
http://www.editgrid.com/user/verity1111/All_I_Want_For_Christmas_Is_My_2_Inch_Loss

If it asks for a password:

USERNAME: Verity1111
PASSWORD: VERITY1225

No spaces!

EDIT: You may just edit the worksheet with your name or ID and information OR colors or whatever you want as long as you don't change the basic layout/keep it simple to read and navigate :] You don't have to use it, but I think it can be useful!

My Face 169lbs 10/20/2012
MeBeforeFace169_zps54648687.jpg

My Body 169lbs 10/20/2012
meusepictotal169lbs_zpse6e9803c.jpg

P.S. HOW TO POST A PICTURE:

IMAGE LINK

Change the "IMG" on each side to img with no capitals. Replace the words "IMAGE LINK" with the link to your image if it is a direct link.

Me:
Start Measurements
Waist: 31in
Hips 41in
Thigh 25in (last I checked! lol)
I need to measure my arms, but I weighed 169 on the 20th :] I am not set for a weigh in yet. xoxo
My new goal is to lose 1-2inches on my waist by Christmas day! I want to have a 29in waist preferably. If I can exercise more and meet my other group goal, 15lbs by Christmas lost, then I may be able to lose those 2 inches at the same time! What is your plan?

Replies

• rebecz
    rebecz Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi all
    My name is Rebecca and I am 40 years old. I am studying a Masters at university and work part time in an architectural office in Sydney. I have two children, a girl (4yrs) and a boy (7yrs). Spending Christmas day at my father in law's across the road from Bondi Beach is as good an incentive as any, to lose 2 inches.

My start off measurements are:
    Waist: 36in
    Hips: 41in
    Thighs: 25in
    Weight: 153lbs

I am currently following the protocol of Weight Watchers. And have just started the 30 day shred.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hi all
    My name is Rebecca and I am 40 years old. I am studying a Masters at university and work part time in an architectural office in Sydney. I have two children, a girl (4yrs) and a boy (7yrs). Spending Christmas day at my father in law's across the road from Bondi Beach is as good an incentive as any, to lose 2 inches.

My start off measurements are:
    Waist: 36in
    Hips: 41in
    Thighs: 25in
    Weight: 153lbs

I am currently following the protocol of Weight Watchers. And have just started the 30 day shred.
    Woo except our waist we have the same measurements lol. Welcome & good luck to you! :] I have only been to the beach once and my husband took me there when we were engaged trying to be romantic, only he didnt realize they closed at a certain time and we only stayed about 10 minutes that day! lmso
  • rebecz
    rebecz Posts: 4
    Options
    You must be taller than me. You def carry your weight much better and I am very thick around the tummy. I will try and post some pics over the weekend.

Did an hour at the gym today. The White Stripes song Seven Nation Army is my favourite workout track. It always gets me going! Do you have a favourite song to work out to?
  • Verity1111
    Options
    You must be taller than me. You def carry your weight much better and I am very thick around the tummy. I will try and post some pics over the weekend.

Did an hour at the gym today. The White Stripes song Seven Nation Army is my favourite workout track. It always gets me going! Do you have a favourite song to work out to?
    Nice work out! & I love work out music, for sure! I love Britney Spears, Lol believe it or not!!!! She may be tacky to some people, but that girl has a lot of OOMF and confidence that makes me work. My favorite of Spears is probably (Dance) Until The World Ends and I also love Fighter by Christina Aguilera. Now that I think of it, I think I like Fighter more! People always say I look smaller than I am. I remember when I was a 9/10 and went to get clothes for work from this work program, the lady asked if I was like a 5 or 6. LOL Um sure lady, but don't have me one because I won't get the buttons closed for a few months, or years! lmso. I think I just have a wider frame side to side, rather than back to front, you know? I'm sure you can't look as big as you think either because you weigh 10lbs less than me and I think I naturally suck in or something I don't know lol I'm 5'4".
  • peraudacia_adastra
    Options
    Hi :)

I joined mfp ten days ago, and I'm trying not to get weighed / measured until I've been dieting 30 days. So, here are my start measurements:

Waist: 32in
    Hips: 37in
    Thighs: 23in
    Weight: 156.4lbs

I'm really unfit, but I'm working out on my cross trainer and using 5lb weights :)
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hi :)

I joined mfp ten days ago, and I'm trying not to get weighed / measured until I've been dieting 30 days. So, here are my start measurements:

Waist: 32in
    Hips: 37in
    Thighs: 23in
    Weight: 156.4lbs

I'm really unfit, but I'm working out on my cross trainer and using 5lb weights :)
    It is crazy how different people care their weight :] I weigh more, but my thighs and hips are bigger, but my waist is an inch or so smaller. So weird. Welcome to the group though and I wish you luck! I'm sure you will do wonderful this week (& the rest!)

P.S. You are welcome to skip whatever weigh-in or measurements you want and just log when you feel suits you
  • cchhome
    cchhome Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Carla, 33, I live in Canada, and yes there is snow on the ground out my window this very second. It may stay, or maybe not. I am currently 146.8 lbs, waist 36.5inches, hips 39.5 inches, and I am not too happy about that, so this group is perfect, I need to lose girth, not weight necessarily. Good luck to all of us!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Welcome Carla! I hope you lose at least an inch (hopefully 2!) before Christmas to help you go to your goal whatever it is :]
  • cchhome
    cchhome Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carla! I hope you lose at least an inch (hopefully 2!) before Christmas to help you go to your goal whatever it is :]
    At this point my goal is to get back to my post baby weight/or size again. I was smaller 2 years after baby arrived than I was prior. Best of luck to you and everybody else too:happy:
  • ElizaDnl
    Options
    Hello everybody, I'm Liz. Sorry I'm so late posting here, but my weekend and week has been crazy busy. Thanks, Verity, for setting all this up. I've added my measurements to the spreadsheet. They are:
    Waist 32.5
    Hips 41
    Thighs 23
    Arms 12.5
    Weight 150 lbs (roughly, my scales are ancient non-digital ones which weigh in stones, impossible to see where I am in-between stones ...)

I haven't done measurements before, so I have no idea what to expect, realistically, and am really curious.

Good luck to all of us !! :-))
  • Verity1111
    Options
    It has been week already for a lot of us! No weekly measurements though, not on the sheet. It is difficult not to check now LOL!