College Students and Samhain Ideas(Other than rituals)

Options
Anyone want to give me some ideas on Samhain activities that a college student can do!

Side Note: I asked this question to help a friend. I personally celebrate the sabbats as the change of the seasons(I am a witch(I practice folk magick) not a Wiccan(just wanted to make that clear)).:happy:

Replies

• Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't really celebrate Samhain, but I do recognize the day, so I figure I should do something.

It's been a while since I've 'neutralized' my room. Since the equinox, actually, if I'm not mistaken. So I'll probably spend most of the weekend cleaning and vacuuming my room and washing my sheets and pillowcases and organizing my dresser drawers and dusting, and then I'll probably spend the evening of the 31st smudging the place and laying down fresh salt. Once I finish that, I'll probably spend the rest of the night in meditation.
  • CBark1993
    Options
    I don't really celebrate Samhain, but I do recognize the day, so I figure I should do something.

It's been a while since I've 'neutralized' my room. Since the equinox, actually, if I'm not mistaken. So I'll probably spend most of the weekend cleaning and vacuuming my room and washing my sheets and pillowcases and organizing my dresser drawers and dusting, and then I'll probably spend the evening of the 31st smudging the place and laying down fresh salt. Once I finish that, I'll probably spend the rest of the night in meditation.

This sounds like a good idea. Mind if I steal it? lol
  • Aeriesified
    Options

This sounds like a good idea. Mind if I steal it? lol

Not at all. If it helps you, definitely go for it! Clutter on the outside will create clutter on the inside, so keeping a space that is covered in your own 'psychic scent' (like a bedroom or personal meditation area) extremely tidy will definitely reflect on an inner level. I figure a dusty corner is a place for negativity to hide, no matter how much you smudge the area and cleanse it, so going through very thoroughly will give you a chance to catch just about everything that doesn't belong in your space.
  • MercurialScribes
    Options
    I too like to "cleanse" in the Fall... not only do I (usually... this year it's been difficult getting motivated) clean the house top to bottom, air things out, maybe do a bit of painting... I also smudge, and cleanse all of my stones and tools. I also tend to go on an organizational spree, and try to make my house more "magickal" just by where things are located (directions, corners, etc... I can't remember the exact name, something like "The Magickal Household" or something... has some good tips in it). It's my way of getting ready to hunker down for winter; the harvest is over, time to store things up, get things organized and clean, and get ready to make it through the winter. When your house is clean and organized and balanced, it's a lot easier to spend more time in it during the Winter months, at least in my opinion :)
  • mamalangz8
    Options
    Ooooooo....it's been a long while since I was a college student. My daughter and I are getting the house cleaned up and I'm setting a new altar. The usual salt and smudge too. We'll be out and about trick or treating and celebrating life; as well as honoring those who have passed, especially my Grandma who left this world at 100 this past August. I will probably have my own private ritual after my daughter goes to bed. At least it will keep me busy from raiding her candy bag. lol!
  • Aeriesified
    Options
    Ooooooo....it's been a long while since I was a college student. My daughter and I are getting the house cleaned up and I'm setting a new altar. The usual salt and smudge too. We'll be out and about trick or treating and celebrating life; as well as honoring those who have passed, especially my Grandma who left this world at 100 this past August. I will probably have my own private ritual after my daughter goes to bed. At least it will keep me busy from raiding her candy bag. lol!

Anything to keep away from the candy bag! Lmao.