Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Zombie Dash!

http://thezombiedash.com/

DATE: Unknown; post-apocalypse

SITUATION: Dire. Recon footage shows rural and suburban fortifications have been completely overrun. The viral outbreak to the east, once limited to these outer regions, has gone full-scale, spreading westward like wildfire among the dense populations of the city. Most citizens have been infected and quarantined.

MISSION: You are part of a small band of survivors on a scouting mission who must enter the quarantine area under the cover of darkness. Avoid the ravenous zombie hordes roaming the night and make it back to safety.

You can do this.
Breathe.
Courage.
Run for your life!

Can you survive The Zombie Dash?
October 13 Holly State Recreation Area (World Zombie Day)

October 27 Ah-Nab-Awen Park, downtown Grand Rapids (Halloween weekend)

Time: Sunset to darkness

Cost: $35 early registration with long sleeve tech shirt. Best deal for this kind of race anywhere!

Option 1: Survivor/Runner

•Run five kilometers on post-apocalyptic streets and dark, wooded trails.
•Race against darkness.
•Dodge the zombies.
•Keep your “flag football” flags to avoid infection and time penalties.
Option 2: Zombie (FREE but you must register!)

•Dress and act like the undead, freak out the survivors
•Two types of zombies needed:
~ realistic zombie – slow, dim-witted, stumble around, freak people out
~ jogger zombie – lunges and moves pretty quickly but poses no threat once you get by them. Infect the survivors by grabbing their flags

WHO IS GOING???

Replies

• copier =P
  • This sounds awesome!!!!!
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    I already registered to go. Be safe and have fun.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    My son and I are registered for oct 27., 6:40 wave.
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Going!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    I've never done a 5k, but I "walk/jog/run" 5k distance about 3 times a week.

Has anyone run this before? Should I do a "normal" 5k as a first race? I know I won't finish first; I just want to finish.

This, much like Warrior Dash, seem like obscene amounts of fun and I'm interested. I just don't want to be "infected" in the first 100 yards, ya know?
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    I did the April zombie dash and finished with a time of 55 minutes, my very first 5k with out any training and an obscene amount of walking.. BUT it was my motivation I knew there was another event coming up in October and my son and I decided to start training and started Couch to 5k the day after the first zombie dash, we have since finished C25k and now run 5k's under 30 minutes regularly!

However, the April zombie dash did not have flags involved so there was no fear of infection.

Honestly, with the price of this zombie dash, it's worth it even if you plan on walking the entire way. It's so much cheaper than the 'national' similar races.. and you get a very nice tech shirt.
  • primalchaos
    I've never done a 5k, but I "walk/jog/run" 5k distance about 3 times a week.

Has anyone run this before? Should I do a "normal" 5k as a first race? I know I won't finish first; I just want to finish.

This, much like Warrior Dash, seem like obscene amounts of fun and I'm interested. I just don't want to be "infected" in the first 100 yards, ya know?

Give it a shot, it's a great outing.
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    That sounds like fun I will have to check it out when my foot heals.
  • primalchaos
    Zombie Dash footage http://youtu.be/q_QMqvb2V90
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    MAybe next year...Traverse City has one as well. Perhaps this will be a goal, not necessarily to run it but to even walk it would be awesome.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    http://www.runforyourlives.com/michigan-overview-2013/

Did this one in Pittsburgh this year. Coming to MI next year. it is a 5k, but you pace yourself as you wish.