Single Mom, in need of some support

Options
I am a single mom of a beautiful 3 year old little girl. I have 40 pounds I want to lose. I live in Northern Nevada. Anyone want to help inspire me on this journey? :glasses:

Replies

• MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I became a SM when my daughter was 3 as well (2009). I gained about 40 lbs since 2009 going through the separation and divorce saga, which added to an already unhealthy body. I decided in Feb that I had to do something. For me it was a do or die. I had tried everything and I knew one day, I would just die of a heart attack and leave her without a mommy. I decided to have weight loss surgery, which was on July 9th. I have lost 46 lbs. With that said, you aren't as big as I was or am. But, my doctor really stresses high protein, low carb, and water water water (been slipping up on that). This seems to work for those who haven't had surgery as well. You can do this! You are your little one's best friend and she wants to model herself after you. I would suggest getting her involved in exercising too even if it's pushing her in the stroller around the block. Anyway...best of luck to you and post here when you need encouragement!
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am a single mom of a 2 year old little girl. I have been a single mom since before she was born. My weight has always been a problem but I lost control of it once she was born as I was so busy trying to keep up with everything else. Finally decided it was time to change that and that's what I am trying to do. I know how hard it is trying to find the time and energy to fit it all in and I am currently struggling with it but incorporating you children into the exercise makes it better. I have a bike trailer for my daughter so we can go on rides together and she loves it! We also go on stroller walks as much as we can. Another thing is letting her try to do my workout DVD's with me. She trys to do what they are doing but doesn't quite get it so its so adorable and funny which makes the workout fly right by! lol I know I have a long way to go but Im making baby steps to get there. I know you can do it too! Just make small changes and take small steps toward your goal. You've already made the first step by deciding to change your lifestyle. Great job! Keep pushing forward. Good Luck!
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    if you're okay w/ single dads, you can sure friend me
  • PangelJ
    PangelJ Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi dear! I'm a single mom of an 8 year old and I have 50lbs I want to lose- I am down 21 at the moment and still going at it each day. Feel free to friend me I am always open for anyone who needs support! I work full time as well. I did it so can you!

Good luck and hope to hear from you soon! :smile:
  • SJ1212
    SJ1212 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined today and want to lose 47 lbs. also a single mom, also have a 3 yr old daughter. wanna be my accpountability buddy? :)
  • MzTye14
    MzTye14 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi I'm a single mother of a 6 year old boy.... I completely understand. Its taken me 6 years to finally say enough is enough and get back to the old healthy me. But I definitely could use all the support I can get! Feel free to friend me and we can go on this journey together. Good Luck :-)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi! Single mom of a 9 year old boy. I have been single since I was pregnant with him (dated a few guys but no one yet that fits nicely into my little family).

Feel free to add me!
  • FitMama_84
    FitMama_84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom to a three year old and five month old. I've been single since my oldest was just a few weeks old . Feel free to add me.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sigle mom of a 10yr old girl. have been single from the start (well asside from the conception) haha. it is not easy. remember we are only as strong as we are sane. take some time for yourself and feel good about it!
  • JennaNevada
    JennaNevada Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Single mom here, too - two kids. My daughter is 10 and my son is 2. And I'm also in Northern NV. Would love a new MFP friend if anyone's interested.
  • jbeanv
    jbeanv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just found this group :-) I'm a still somewhat new single mom of 2. I have a 6 and 2 year old and got divorced last summer. Happy to find you all! Fee free to friend me!
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    hi there, i am a single mum of a 9 year old girl, from australia.

ive been single since she was 2 years, old. we get no financil support from her fathers or his family.
    I have been on the weight loss/fitness journey for 2years.. i have lost 28kg (58lb). i have another 10 or so kgs to go (18lb roughly)

please feel free to add me (just write a note when adding and say where you found me)
  • tx_angel77
    tx_angel77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom of two boys 10 & 12. I would love to have the same support you are looking for and offer any as well. Feel free to add me to your friends.

tx angel