Season 3 - Episode 3 "Walk with Me" (10/30/12)

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 10/30/12 episode

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-303-the-walking-dead-walk-with-me

YouTube Episode 3 Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jZ0JorW3OyE

Replies

• AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I think it's BRILLIANT that Michonne uses her zombie pets as pack mules.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    are the pet zombies going to eventually die if they don't eat?
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    In one of the Talking Dead shows, they said that the zombies don't get nourishment from eating, it's just like a mindless instinct. They also said the virus causes the decay to slow down. Can't wait to see more of Andrea and Michonne!!
  • uglydeuce
    uglydeuce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think it's BRILLIANT that Michonne uses her zombie pets as pack mules.

I agree. Although I wonder if they'd make her supply bags smell :laugh: Its great though because not only will they not be burdened with the weight but if she has to make a quick getaway or fight she isn't restricted by their supplies.

On a walking dead forum people have been posting Michonne hate which I just cannot fathom.

And I'm very excited for Merle to resurrect. Nice fun conflict there.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Who keeps dead heads in thier fish tank?
  • uglydeuce
    Options
    Maybe kept as trophies?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    im liking this Governor dude. Sometimes you have to look past the little things.

and the Michonne character just seems forced at this point. but ill try to keep an open mind for a few more episodes.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I think both Andrea and Michonne need to get the Heck Outta there and not look back... so many bad vibes and Merle to boot...
    I kind of feel bad that it was Michonne that beheaded the pets - but she is the best character and so dynamic. I want to see her kick the governors *kitten* big time.

Was really disappointed when all the Army guys were all gunned down. I don't get why they would not want as many able bodies persons to be in the group as possible.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yes the more men the more protection they got also those army men could of had contact from the outside but you know when position of power comes into play anybody is up for grabs. I'm still puzzle about the heads do you think he cut that man head off cause he died and turn or he just said kill him.Are the pets michonne brothers.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Was really disappointed when all the Army guys were all gunned down. I don't get why they would not want as many able bodies persons to be in the group as possible.

I'm thinking the Governor is a batpoop crazy cult leader type. He wants to rebuild civilization, so he needs more women as broodmares, and not more men, who are just competition for his leadership.

His "aquariums" creeped me right the hell out.
  • uglydeuce
    Options
    One of the pets is suppose to be Michonne's boyfriend, the other his friend I believe but I'm not certain.

I'm frustrated with Andrea. You'd think she'd be the one flipping out and not trusting them since she knows the kind of person Merle is. Michonne was a little too forwardly hostile - even someone bent on survival knows not to push buttons in a situation where everyone has guns except for her.

I was thinking the broodmare deal too. I was looking in the crowd and there seemed to be mainly older men and women as the residence. Then again maybe all the able bodied guys are out on watch... still...
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i want to know what is in the tea to make it delicious. I would have liked to see michonne in action more all she did was scowl the entire time.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, I think Andrea and Michonne are doing all they can really do at the moment. If I was in their situation, I would do the same exact thing. I would bet that if they were to be led out of the gates - with their weapons - they would be killed once they were far enough away from the village.

I am ready for some undermining and political intrigue.

ALSO-- the tea is totally freaking me out! Definitely a drinkin the kool-aid feel with that stuff. The one to win over is the scientist. Weakest link in the leadership chain, for sure.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    are the pet zombies going to eventually die if they don't eat?

Starvation mode keeps zombies from losing too much weight. :laugh:

But seriously, when the scientist said that when you take away food, hunger disappears, I thought of MFP and people not able to reach 1200 calories.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As far as the army guys and aside from the Governor being a total nutjob, the risk of bring those guys into Woodbury would have been very great. There is a good chance that that unit could have tried to just take over and impose some kind of military rule. As it was mentioned in the Talking Dead, the Governor would do better to take in skilled individuals, like Andrea and Michonne, because alone they are less of threat to the whole community. In fact, the governor could also see Rick's group as being too big to absorb, so he could try the same thing with them.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Are the pets michonne brothers.

The pets were actually Michonne's boyfriend and his best friend, according to the comic book. Although they are going in a different direction with the show as opposed to the comic book story line.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I am digging the Governor storyline so far. He is obviously a bad guy, but is he really? Can it be that he is just doing what he needs to do to survive? How is it different from Rick killing the prisoners or the guys at the bar in season two?
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    This "Governor" dude is really bothering me. I just can't find any sort of reason why he would be killing all of these survivors, not to mention why he killed all of them except Andrea and Michonne (is it because they are women?). Is it because the others are a threat? More people = less resources? I would think at this point you want to have more people on your side who can defend your community. I'm having a hard time with all these groups of humans being so against one another in a world where all you really have is eachother... Hmm.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

I'm frustrated with Andrea. You'd think she'd be the one flipping out and not trusting them since she knows the kind of person Merle is. Michonne was a little too forwardly hostile - even someone bent on survival knows not to push buttons in a situation where everyone has guns except for her.

I agree with the Andrea frustration!! She knew Merle and what a dirt bag he was so why would she be spilling so much information!! Personally I agree with Michonne's hostility. I wouldn't be comfortable in a place where I was forced to surrender my weapons.

I was surprised at the way they ambushed the military unit. I'm pretty sure there is stuff going on at Woodbury that the Governor doesn't want discovered (hello, zombie heads in fish tanks!!!!) and any type of military presence would put him at risk of being overthrow. I'm excited to see where this non-zombie conflict is going to take the show.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I agree with the Andrea frustration!! She knew Merle and what a dirt bag he was so why would she be spilling so much information!! Personally I agree with Michonne's hostility. I wouldn't be comfortable in a place where I was forced to surrender my weapons.

I was surprised at the way they ambushed the military unit. I'm pretty sure there is stuff going on at Woodbury that the Governor doesn't want discovered (hello, zombie heads in fish tanks!!!!) and any type of military presence would put him at risk of being overthrow. I'm excited to see where this non-zombie conflict is going to take the show.

I think Andrea really had nothing to lose by telling Merle anything. He was part of their group once, and she really doesn't know who made it out or what happened to them. She didn't give anything away, and maybe she felt she'd want to know about Amy like he wanted to know about Daryl if thingsw were reversed. Plus, her abrupt "Thank You" to Merle de-escalated the situation as Michonne was giving him attitude and he wasn't liking it.

I started to think well maybe they are making the Governor to be much less sadistic, and more calculating, and maybe Merle will be the sadistic side (with the Governor's blessing) that we know from the comic books. but then the last scene with the Governor's Zombie Head HD entertainment center snapped me back.