Season 3 - Episode 3 "Walk with Me" (10/30/12)

Options
2»

Replies

• 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    it sucks but the governor did the right thing, those soldiers would have tried to take control of the town.. the governor is keeping people safe and providing the foundation bringing civilization back

on a side note.. i'm suprised the soldiers allowed themselves to be ambushed and exposed themselves like that even though it is a tv show.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Loving this season so far. Still not sure what to make of the governor or the community. He's presented in a light that makes him seem evil, which makes me think the writers have some twist up their sleeve. Although, it would be hard to rationalize how killing the soldiers in cold blood could possibly be for the greater good.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i think they're probably going to draw parallels to rick. how the Governor started off justt like rick, making the hard decisions that no one else would make (like how rick killed the inmate). little by little the hard decisions became easier to make, for "the good of the group."
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    i think they're probably going to draw parallels to rick. how the Governor started off justt like rick, making the hard decisions that no one else would make (like how rick killed the inmate). little by little the hard decisions became easier to make, for "the good of the group."

Yeah but why? Why was killing all of those people for the "good of the group?" That is the part I'm not getting.

Rick's decisions for the good of the group made sense. Killing Shane made sense. Leaving behind Andrea made sense. Killing that prisoner made sense. This Governor stuff, doesn't seem to make any sense...
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Yeah but why? Why was killing all of those people for the "good of the group?" That is the part I'm not getting.

Really the only reason that was good for their group was the supplies they were able to steal because of it. Granted you could argue that in some ways it's not all that "good"...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Rick's decisions for the good of the group made sense. Killing Shane made sense. Leaving behind Andrea made sense. Killing that prisoner made sense. This Governor stuff, doesn't seem to make any sense...

we don't know yet... but if i was him, a man with power, and getting more and more used to that power, i wouldn't want a squad of heavily armed military men challenging my authority.

but i can understand it from the other side. why wouldn't you want to amplify your fighting force??

maybe because they are a bunch of men, that eat and wouldn't do much else? maybe he's not interested in more men. maybe he just wants more women to help replenish the population.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Im woundering if Merle is going to go and re trace the steps to the farm and maybe stumble into the Prison, and who is makeing all the trouble at the prison, The Govner is loonie as a tune, I think the Dr knows whats going on but she wont say cuz she dont want to make waves. cant wait for next week.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I reckon that even though the show is deviating a lot from the comic books; we're going to see a pretty close representation of the governor from them.

I'm willing to bet any money though that they will have to tame down the character in comparison to the comic book. I can't wait to see how the rest of the season develops.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if i were the governor i'd have killed those army guys too. considering the army guys' camp was close to be finished, they'd have eventually left, found woodbury and took it over with their guns and bulging muscles and what not. a good offense is the best defense :laugh:

as for the guy in the helicopter crash i can understand killing him as well once you've learned all you could from him. why exactly would you waste your resources helping someone knew to the group who's probably going to die anyway?

so i agree with the killings, just not the keeping of the heads .. in aquariums :laugh: the governor strikes me as someone who'd only be keeping people he could control and be the alpha dog. as much as merle talks a good game, he's so not an alpha dog. dont forget punk *kitten* season 1 rick got the drop on him, not badass season 3 rick, but punk *kitten* rick
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I liked the Talking Dead question that was posed- if you were Merle, who would you be more angry with? Rick, for handcuffing you, or T-Dog for losing the key?

Andrea seems drawn to power- so she'd totally do the Governor at this point- lol she doesn't know him yet, and she defended Shane to the end. I think she sorta wants to be the "Lori" of the group - calling the shots for the chicks or something- like the Queen. lol

I thought when the Governor went into that private room- it would be the daughter zombified in there or something, not a crazy display of heads..... remind anyone of Futurama?
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I thought when the Governor went into that private room- it would be the daughter zombified in there or something, not a crazy display of heads..... remind anyone of Futurama?

Considering his want of secrecy, I'm surprised he has that picture displayed so close to where he's having sex with that chick, but yeah, after the closeup of the pic, I expected the secret room to have the wife and kid locked up in there, like the barn on the farm. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if one of the heads is either the wife or the daughter, maybe both.