Ouch! Biting issue.

Options
TeachTheGirl
TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
My daughter occasionally bites when nursing now. I always make a point to pull her away and tell her no, 'ow, you hurt mommy', which generally makes her cry, but now her top teeth are coming in, I'm afraid she's going to chomp down!

Is this something they grow out of with training or should I be prepared for the occasional nip?

Replies

• hoovity
    hoovity Posts: 12
    Options
    Ooooh, I can feel my armpits sweating just thinking about that!! OUCH! In my experience breastfeeding two children, it is definitely something they outgrow and relatively quickly too! I did as you did, pull them off and say that hurts mummy. If it happened repeatedly, I just ended that nursing session and got them something to chew on. Ice in a mesh feeder was a great teething option for my babies!
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How old is your LO? Could it be a positioning issue? A lot of times when they bite it could be due to a position that is not good for them.

I've found the best cure for biting is to not make a big deal out of it. If they know its annoying or gets a reaction out of you they are more likely to stop. Just my two cents :)