I'm starting 1st November!

Options
I'm not going to lie, I will be eating chocolate in December, Advent Calenders and Selection Boxes, I know I will be eating chocolate (in moderation) in December but I thought I would see how I get on with none for an entire month. You can start whenever you want; tomorrow, today, in a month, in the New Year, it really doesn't matter. I hope you'll all join me!

Replies

• mommyof4adorablekids
    Options
    I will join you. Im gonna start tomarrow so I dont go crazy with halloween candy! We will have alot cause 4 kids are going trick or treating! Its gonna be hard giving up my nutella also cause I eat that for breakfast. Im also giving up soda. Good luck to you!
  • SessiebeeM02
    SessiebeeM02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group, I'm glad I found it....I want to start from November 1st too. I'm already drooling over the chocolates in the pic used for this group though... :love:
    Chocolate is my biggest weakness and biggest distraction on this weight loss journey. (+ cheese!)

If I can go this entire month without chocolate and sweets I'll think about keeping it up all through December too, even though there are so many family birthday's & festive holidays during that month, I'll challenge myself! (But not promising to it though.)
  • jeccajecca
    Options
    Hey guys,

even if it is not my worse eating habit I love eating chocolate. I will def try to stay away from it for the whole month of November and if I can even more!

Let's try it all together, we can do it!
  • mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I am in. I will start TODAY.... because as I always say... if it weren't for chocolate and cheese? I would look like Cindy Crawford. :laugh:

We don't get that many kids for Halloween, so we always have extra candy. This year my son is too old to go out and I bought Almond Joys/ Mounds to hand out since I don't like coconut. This is going to be hard regardless! :)
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    Thanks for joining me guys! It'll be nice to have some people who are going through the same thing as me. I eat chocolate almost every day so it's gonna be a tough one.
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys.

I'm in - if you'll have me?! I have a hen-do at the end of November and I think just stepping away from chocolate may be the push I need to get into my dress. Its not a big thing for me but it can easily be the thing I start eating to take me over the edge into binge territory.

I will start Tues 30th as I have to bake some cakes for Halloween in the office and as one of them is a chocolate graveyard cake it will help me to avoid taste testing it.
  • josachi
    josachi Posts: 79
    Options
    Sure, I'm in! I've pretty much taken chocolate out of my diet; however, a single rich chocolate candy (usually 1 Godiva Gem) is my indulgence every so often (lately about once a week). I would love to go an entire month without needing that little indulgence. Let's do this!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'll start Nov 1st but I'm giving up ice cream. I know I can give up choc but ice cream , thats the killer.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I will be starting November 1st. And December I will limit my self to once a week.
  • churchy9482
    Options
    Starting November 1st here! Great idea! Cookies are my weakness so this will help me get over the hump. Good luck all!
  • Sarah_jb
    Sarah_jb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on October 30 and going through November. I don't want all the Halloween candy to get the best of me (or Aunt Doppy's amazing chocolate chip cookies on Thanksgiving)
  • natbeach
    Options
    Im just finishing off 'Choctober'!! I havent had chocolate for 30 days now, its madness. But it sure makes it easier to hit calorie goals when I am not trying to rearrange my day to sneak in as much chocolate as possible!!

Im going to try and continue as far into november as I can...

But I agree - come december, that advent calender is waiting for me!!

Good luck everyone!! Ill consider myself continuing onto a non chocolate November too. Lets see how we go.

Stupid thing is, im making white chocolate cheesecake with passionfruit for a work thing tomorrow... on the 31st... one day too early! But I guess im saving myself more ways than one!
  • jessjphillips
    jessjphillips Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting in November - two years ago I went 8 months in a row without chocolate which wasn't too bad but at the moment I'm totally addicted,, I'm worried about my health with all the sugar I eat! I just can't seem to have enough self control to eat in moderation.. so hopefully this challenge will help me break this sugar addiction.
  • pauline251
    pauline251 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is so cool, I have been chocolate free for 3 weeks now! Its actually not that hard. The most important thing is not to buy any at the supermarket, so that you are not tempted. I am keen to continue in November. But I will be having some chocolate at Christmas!
  • Jacqrose13
    Jacqrose13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started the no chocolate yesterday and am hoping to keep it up for a month. Good luck to everyone giving up chocolate for a month.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna join in. did a week and that was hard! fingers crossed!
  • doodlegram
    doodlegram Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start today! I find I snack on chocolate bits at work (damn you desk job).... this is going to be it for me until that sweet advent calendar chocolate on December 1st :)

Good Luck Everyone!
  • Stephanie_dee
    Options
    Oh wow, this is the best idea ever!!

I'm such a massive sugary sweet toothed person! I need as much motivation as I can to get me off the chocolate! :-) looking forward to chatting to you all and us all smashing our goals!

Good luck and keep posting!

Please feel free to add me, just mention that you're in the group.
  • teamgoodnews
    teamgoodnews Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm insane about chocolate and have a hard time going a day without it - I'm glad there is a group of people that feel the same way and we can do this together.
  • JennyWorth45
    Options
    I know how you feel haveing the biggest sweet tooth and all. My biggest problem is the time of year. I love to bake for the grandbabies all those yummy cookies, as well as for my husband. I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies just 2 days ago.
    I've only had 1 cookie and believe me it has been very hard walking threw the kitchen. But I have Faith in all of us that If we want to walk away from all the sweets not just chocolate that we can. Best Of Luck To All