Getting that push

Options
jdm0804
jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
Hey all, I just joined this group because I thought it would be nice to have a peer group in my age bracket. I just turned 24, and I've been on this site for about a year and a half. So if you want to add me, please do!

I thought I'd make my grand entrance by starting a conversation:

Where do you find your motivation? And when you lose it, what do you do to find it again?

That is something I have been struggling with for the past 6 months (and 20 lbs gained). I used to be motivated by progress, but I hit a plateau before I got married, and stress piled up until I just straight up quit logging. I'm currently finding it in the fear of seeing a 2 in the front of my weight again. Scary stuff!

So how about the rest of you?

Replies

• YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    hi! I'm 24 as well (25 in Feb)

I find my motivation by looking back at photos of where I was and how far I've come now! I find it again by looking at myself and getting disgusted XD then I go crying to my every supporting husband who tells me I'm beautiful no mater what weight I am and I can do anything i set my mind to.
  • nunat919
    nunat919 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My motivation is thinking back of how I was before the journey. I was unhealthy and lethargic. Now, I can do so many things without dying from knee/back/lungs/heart..etc..PAIN. That is what motivates me. Also, the skinny people running in the gym with their sports bra on. I secretly want to do that one day.. haha