The Plan..

Options
The first step for this Challenge Group will be lining each person up with a plan that will WORK for them. Their SOUL MATE workout. To do this, we need to talk ~ so hit me up with a message telling me more about YOUR goals, your desired styles of exercise, what you have struggled with the most in the past and what has given you the most success. I want to get to know everyone who wants to be a part of this group!!

Can't wait to meet the people who are ready to take it to the next level and COMMIT to this 90 Day Beachbody Challenge!

~Coach Kasey

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    1) My primary goal is to get fit for my upcoming vacation to Cancun Mexico in May 2013. I want to wear a two-piece swim suit and - if possible - have thighs that do not rub together while I'm exploring various Mayan sites in the Yucatan. Got a heat rash there when I was in Loreto Mexico this past August; it was miserable.
    2) I'm open to many styles of exercise as long as there isn't a lot of jumping around. Zumba class was too much for me; my aging joints hated it. I've done dance aerobics, belly dance, step aerobics, and weight lifting.
    3) In the past, I have given up when results didn't come fast enough. This time I have a completely different attitude. I am changing my life, not dieting/exercising to lose weight. I want weight loss - yes - but I'm looking for it as a happy side effect of changing my life.
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stick to my MFP calorie allowance and to lose 2lbs per week. On the fitness front I am currently walking, cycling on a stationery bike, using a treadmill, cross trainer and doing some weights and low impact aerobics.

I've never succeeded in losing weight...I think my pitfalls are becoming despondent if I don't make progress and giving up, eating things impulsively especially if I am hungry and don't have a healthy meal planned and organised. I have an underactive thyroid so sometimes feel too tired to exercise. I also have a back and knee injury and some exercises can aggravate those. I think I have such a long way to go to lose all the weight I need to lose, that it seems a difficult challenge. Even if I lose 30lbs I will still be obese and have a long long way to go.

I'm not sure how this group challenge works so looking forward to hearing more about it. and hope it will motivate me to keep going.

Thank you for organising it.

Kat
  • dukeninja
    dukeninja Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goals are to have a flat abdomen by the time I go on holiday the first week of January 2013. I believe I would have lost at least 6 pounds by this weekend since the 21st September, and I want to continue with this, although I understand that weight loss is not always linear. My current workout is compound weight lifting 4 days, cardio 6 days-burning a minimum of 600 calories per cardio workout. I have struggled with what I eat, hence why I'm on MFP. This app has been amazing in making me aware of what I'm shoveling into my gob, and the recent weight loss was started by a change in diet.
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose around 40lb maybe more maybe less...I also want to get more muscle. I'm 24 years old and I am 5'4". I also have begun training for a tough mudder race which is in June. For exercises I love fast paced intervals and I go jogging and do some strength training. I think my biggest obstacle is meal planning. Any suggestions are welcome, Thanks!
  • kmsmith_2104
    Options
    @kenazfehu - (first name?) Cancun!! How fun!! :) A little envious over here... Haha.. Zumba is tough stuff. I teach Turbo Kick and Zumba still kicked my butt in the choreography department. LOL I have some ideas for you to make this Challenge Most successful. I know I'd be pretty darn driven to reach my goals if I were heading to beaches come spring too - so you sound 100% committed and ready to take on this challenge. Can't wait to see how this helps!!
  • kmsmith_2104
    Options
    2 lbs a week is a great goal but if you lost just 1, it's still grounds to celebrate right?? :) You definitely have a lot of tools and methods of exercise as your disposal! Is it working though?? Sounds like you jump all over the grid. Do you go into your workout programs with a plan of action or do you just go and do "what you feel like doing"?? Just wondering so I can better help you.
    Next, you need to STOP thinking about the BIG picture and we'll work on that with proper goal setting come Challenge time. We all start somewhere, and typically, when we start a program or challenge, its because things have gotten way out of hand and we don't even know where to start. I have been there and I refuse to go back - not after all of the hard work I put in. But that's what you have to prepare yourself for - hard work. With the back and knee injury what has your doctor told you NOT to do?? What CAN you do without aggravating the injury points?
    This Challenge Group is going to work in a # of ways.. haha.. One of which, I am here to recommend a program that WILL deliver results and help you reach your goals. No matter who you are, or what you're doing, I'm here to help though. I just want to see everyone succeed. I'll share with you what worked for me and what works for others. Nutrition+Fitness+Support=Success :-)
    My goal is to stick to my MFP calorie allowance and to lose 2lbs per week. On the fitness front I am currently walking, cycling on a stationery bike, using a treadmill, cross trainer and doing some weights and low impact aerobics.

I've never succeeded in losing weight...I think my pitfalls are becoming despondent if I don't make progress and giving up, eating things impulsively especially if I am hungry and don't have a healthy meal planned and organised. I have an underactive thyroid so sometimes feel too tired to exercise. I also have a back and knee injury and some exercises can aggravate those. I think I have such a long way to go to lose all the weight I need to lose, that it seems a difficult challenge. Even if I lose 30lbs I will still be obese and have a long long way to go.

I'm not sure how this group challenge works so looking forward to hearing more about it. and hope it will motivate me to keep going.

Thank you for organising it.

Kat
  • kmsmith_2104
    Options
    Are you enjoying the workouts you do or are you looking for something new? What makes your diet and nutrition so hard for you? Is it your work schedule, stress, no know WHAT to eat?? Need to know in order to help. :-)
    Flat abs start in the kitchen for sure, but there are also a # of AMAZING at home programs you can choose from that will help you widdle away your middle :-)
    My goals are to have a flat abdomen by the time I go on holiday the first week of January 2013. I believe I would have lost at least 6 pounds by this weekend since the 21st September, and I want to continue with this, although I understand that weight loss is not always linear. My current workout is compound weight lifting 4 days, cardio 6 days-burning a minimum of 600 calories per cardio workout. I have struggled with what I eat, hence why I'm on MFP. This app has been amazing in making me aware of what I'm shoveling into my gob, and the recent weight loss was started by a change in diet.
  • kmsmith_2104
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you're a lot like me - you thrive on high intensity exercise!! I am also a runner and I use a couple of Beachbody programs to incorporate strength and HIIT training into my regimen. Nutrition is definitely key, especially when you kill it in a workout like you do. In fact, some people undereat!! MPF definitely will help you with that. I'll also come up with more suggestions as we go along starting in November!
    My ultimate goal is to lose around 40lb maybe more maybe less...I also want to get more muscle. I'm 24 years old and I am 5'4". I also have begun training for a tough mudder race which is in June. For exercises I love fast paced intervals and I go jogging and do some strength training. I think my biggest obstacle is meal planning. Any suggestions are welcome, Thanks!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to a comfortable size 12/14 and be fit!
    If I'm lucky, I could be middle aged - and the second half should not include yo-yo dieting and the highs/lows that it brings!!!!
    I have entered a 10k run next May and also hope to run a half-marathon in September!!!!

:happy:
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes..If i lose1lb a week that will still be good...as long as things go in the right direction :) No I haven't really got my exercise planned out...I need to do that!! The back prob is sacrailliac joint (don't know how to spell it) have got exercises which help and just avoid anything that aggravates it...it's improved a little since I started doing more exercise :) with the knee I just avoid things that aggravate it. Thank you.. Kat
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to 125lbs by Christmas and my ultimate goal weight is between 115 and 120lbs.

Height: 5'8" (small frame)
    HW/SW: 156.6lbs
    CW: 147.8lbs

I'm a college student w/o a gyrm (and on the meal plan) so I don't really have an exercise regime. Mostly walking and some light strength training (since I don't really have a place to workout)
  • khobbs72
    khobbs72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 8-10 pounds per month. I am currently sticking within my 1200 calories on a typical day, I rarely go over and I exercise 5-6 days a week, either on the elliptical, walking or by taking a 50 minute class at the gym. I am making progress but would like to have the support of the group, that's why I am here.
  • kmsmith_2104
    Options
    My goal is to lose 8-10 pounds per month. I am currently sticking within my 1200 calories on a typical day, I rarely go over and I exercise 5-6 days a week, either on the elliptical, walking or by taking a 50 minute class at the gym. I am making progress but would like to have the support of the group, that's why I am here.

Awesome! Great to meet you!! Do you only eat 1200 calories a day even with exercise or do you calculate your exercise in and then eat the extra allowed calories?
  • MadgieDO
    MadgieDO Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner but can't run in the cold because of reactive airways so am looking to switch things up. I'm kind of up for anything but do poorly with complex exercises (like the ones where all 4 limbs are doing different things simultaneously at a fast pace). I love yoga but am looking for variety. Don't know if that was helpful but I'm kinda just looking for support, accountability and structure.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    1) My primary goal is to get fit for a 10k Run in May 2013 and hopefully a half-marathon in September 2013. I love to run - it's a special 'ME' time and so rewarding to cross that finish line after all the training!!
    2) I'm open to anything - I love boot -camps because I like the discipline! Ask me to complete a video at home....????
    3) In the past, I've lost weight/gained weight! This time last year I was at my best - since becoming a Carer for my Mum, my focus has been on looking after her = I've let me go - again!!!!

Thanks for this challenge xx
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    we have messaged each other about some of this. I love walking and have added weights but so far only one set but have increased my reps. I also do some hatha yoga. I have recived the Tai Cheng that you recommended but haven't really looked at it:mad: :frown: My biggest obstacle is shift work and fitting in exercise! I work 2 12hour days followed by 2 12 hour night (7 to 7). If I exercise after day shift then I can't sleep! And even though I am usually awake by 3pm on my nights I am too tired...I know excuses excuses! There you have it in a nut shell!
  • kmsmith_2104
    Options
    we have messaged each other about some of this. I love walking and have added weights but so far only one set but have increased my reps. I also do some hatha yoga. I have recived the Tai Cheng that you recommended but haven't really looked at it:mad: :frown: My biggest obstacle is shift work and fitting in exercise! I work 2 12hour days followed by 2 12 hour night (7 to 7). If I exercise after day shift then I can't sleep! And even though I am usually awake by 3pm on my nights I am too tired...I know excuses excuses! There you have it in a nut shell!

So you're aware of the excuses, not it's time to bust through them :-) How badly do you WANT to reach your goals?? That is the question that will get you to kick the excuses to the side. Write it out and get to work. It takes WORK to reach a goal - fitness or otherwise. You can do this!! And Tai Cheng will not drain you. You will LOVE it!
  • kmsmith_2104
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Welcome to the group!