Newbie Saying Hello

Options
Hi Ladies :)

I am pregnant - due April 25th 2013 :D and looking for some girls in the same situation to share the journey with.

I have been on MFP for a long time, and love the motivation it gives me to be healthy and active. I thought I was going to be one of those people that can just "keep on going" and continue my exercise no problem. Unfortunately, I had a crappy first trimester, loaded with epic 24 hour sickness, sick from every bug known to man and finally...a sprained tendon in my butt, which has left me pretty damn immobile for about a month.

Finally - now that I am in trimester 2, I am starting to feel like a regular human again. I went for my first walk the other day and although I was horrendously slow, I enjoyed being out and about. I really want to get back into my regular exercise but don't want to pressure myself into the 'you WILL workout or else" mentaility. I need to listen to my body and be smart about this!

Love to hear your stories!

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    HI Im new here too...due June 5, 2013..been on MFP for about a year and a half..gained 50 and 72 pounds with my last 2 children..dont want it to happen again!!!
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I just joined today. I'm due May 15th but have been an MFP member since August of 2012. I was doing pretty good..........until now. First trimester was a seriouus bust but I'm hoping to get myself back on track and stay there for the rest of my pregnancy. Exerice has been sporadic and my eating has been completely indulgent. I gained 30 pounds in my first pregnancy and am hoping that I haven't ruined my chances of not overdoing it this time around as well. Good luck on your journey and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Due June 10 2013, been on MFP since August. My son just turned one and some lessons I learned from last pregnancy: 1) Do not eat everything in sight just because you might puke it up later, 2) find support to continue working out and do STRENGTH TRAINING! 3) Make your needs clear to your significant other and/or friends, 4)take progress pictures so you have them for a baby book later! I gained 50 lbs in the last 4 months of my first pregnancy although I didn't gain any the first 5 months...that was an epic fail with horrifying stretch marks ...definitely don't want to repeat that again! lol.
  • Yosemite4vr
    Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm due June 9th 2013 and have been on MFP for about 2-3 years on and off. This will be my first and I can't wait to get through the first trimester!!! It sucks. Luckily I've still been able to work out, but I am debilitatingly TIRED all the time.

Also, is anyone's body changing at week 9... not necessarily showing but definetly changing, sometimes my belly looks like I ate 5 burgers but I hardly ate anything.

Anyways, woohoo!
  • tubbs313
    tubbs313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Im at 14 weeks and have been on MFP for awhile too. I just want to continue to work out and eat healthy while Im pregnant. I had an upper respiratory infection for the last few weeks so I am just getting back into the gym this week. Its been tough! But I have really missed it.
  • tubbs313
    tubbs313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ha! Yes sometimes my belly looks much bigger than other times. Its very odd, but I think it might be constipation..: (
  • kramsgirl
    kramsgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone! I just found out I'm pregnant and due July 27th. I gained way too much with my first two pregnancies and really hope to keep it to a minimum this time. I've lost 80 pounds since the beginning of the year and I hope that I can keep up that motivation.
  • vnmw121212
    vnmw121212 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new and due 4/16/2013..which also happens to be my mothers bday so everyone is hoping I deliver on the date..lol I need people to keep me motivated as I have been slacking off since getting pregnant!
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group. I'm excited to be a part of it and hear all your stories! I'm due May 20, 2013 with my first child as well. My situation is a little complicated in that I recently had gastric bypass and was infertile until now. Big surprise! I see a dietician and a high risk OBGYN. So far I'm having a normal pregnancy, except I've been losing weight until this week. We'll see if I start to steady out! Congrats to everyone!