Step-up for a cause!!!!!! 10/31

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
If I did this one before forgive me...it is one of my favorite moves because yoiu get cardio and strenght training all for the price of ONE!!!!!!
Step ups! The beauty is you can vary it: with weights, without weights, on a step bench with risers, a work-out bench, stairs or a chair like we used to do in BOOT-CAMP!

If you noticed in the video the lady did them for 2 min...try and see how long you can go!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXg9aN1VipU

Peace,
WW

Replies

• anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I (re)started a strength-training plan yesterday based on _The New Rules of Lifting for Women_. (I'm a beginner, for sure!) Part of yesterday's routine was step-ups. They were more challenging to me than I first anticipated, lol. I'm a bit sore today, but not in a bad way. In a good way. :smile:

Nice challenge. :)
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'll try, going to be a long day with work and Harvest Trunk or Treat at church tonight... have a safe fun Halloween...:smile:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I love step aerobics. I'll have to do this when I get home from work today.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Remember Wonder Woman, it does not always have be new word/exercise just a NOW word. I like these step-ups too. I hope I will get a chance tonight but if not I will add it to my 20 Second Fitness tomorrow.

Power to you all. You can!
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I second that. It's ok to use an exercise we know. The fun is a challenge we're tackling together. Gonna grab some hand weights and the kids' step stool. And turn on "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." Woot!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Ok, fajeeta you got me all hyper now!!!!!!!!!
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Okay, gonna do this tonight when I get home. It will get my legs all warmed up for the crazy walk around the block with my 7 year old. Should be fun... LOL :)