FAVORITE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT?

Options
2»

Replies

• spiderjasper
    Options
    Hey fishborn - that's terrific. I love to swim but never mastered the art of swimming in the ocean. Good job!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Only my trainers I'm afraid - no room for a home gym here.

When I go to the gym I prefer the leg abductor/adductors to get my legs in a decent shape.
  • tubbstattsyrup
    tubbstattsyrup Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My Slimtone vibrating belly massager.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I HATE TO EXERCISE! IT'S THE DEVIL!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Phew - had to get that out of my system...

That being said I clearly dont have a favorite. lol :laugh:
    Though, I have started riding my exercise bike and starting tomorrow am going to do 2 things:

1) A friend of mine is doing a 120 mile bike challenge for the month of November (I hate exercise, but I love a challenge)
    2) I have decided that I am going to ride my effing God I hate you bike for 30 minutes a day and track how many miles I go for 3 months. At the end of the 3 months I am going to figure out where in real life I would have been able to travel. Yes - this may be a little lame, but I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not but I HATE TO EXERCISE so I had to try to think of something to make it interesting for myself. :grumble:

I do love to play softball and have joined a team. I play catcher because other than pitcher that is the most active position and I get the best workout at it. :happy:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I own an awesome pair of hiking boots - and I wear them everywhere. Walking for 6 hours around DC, walking for 4 hours around Paris. I even had to wear one of them to a formal dance once, when I had a broken foot. They were the only shoes my orthopedist allowed. It was either the hiking boot or cast & crutches. I wasn't very graceful dancing, but I did dance!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    I love my recumbant bike and my exercise ball
  • Rosezilla
    Options
    I absolutely love the rowing machine at the gym! Works everything, and reminds me of summers on the lake when I was young.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    The pool ... wish I had one in my basement. But I hit the community center in the next town over, and swim my little heart out at least once a week. I just totally love to swim.
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    At home I love my stationary bike can watch tv and ride for an hour or more. At the Y I love the elliptical.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Ugh my pool is my most missed exercise equipment. My ab lounger is my most favorite currently.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Captain's Chair (for abs) and Inversion Machine (for back) from Hammacher Schlemmer. So excited! Targets my neediest spots! Here it is: http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=11854

What's your favorite contraption?

Has your captain's chair arrived yet?
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The olympic bar. It just makes me feel powerful to squat, deadlift or do push presses with it.