Not so happy halloween

Options
Damn Halloween

Bought a bag of chocolates for the trick or treaters...

So far not one has knocked on but so far I have eaten 3 chocolate bars..

If by 10 no one has come I am throwing this bag away...what happened to the days when kids treat or treated??

Ungrateful children :laugh:

Replies

• LorMuldoon81
    LorMuldoon81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    LOL....

I've tried so hard today...but some Kinder chocolate and a Freddo managed to get in my mouth somehow.....

I just keep telling myself....it's only once a year :)
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    LOL....

I've tried so hard today...but some Kinder chocolate and a Freddo managed to get in my mouth somehow.....

I just keep telling myself....it's only once a year :)

I did so well in the day but it all went wrong tonight, bag is gone...Sod's law is they will probaly all turn up now, if so I will be telling them to go away and that it is due to them I am making a early morning trip to the gym haha
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel really lucky that I live out in the country, right at the end of a muddy lane with no tarmac, or lights, and only a couple of other houses nearby. I've only once had trick or treaters call, and that was when there was an American family staying next door. Luckily I had some cakes for them as I'd realised that we might get a some callers. Only time in over 20 years....... :-)
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The year before last we ran out if sweets, so last year we stocked up and had no one!
    This year we went out straight from work - not long been in so missed them all!

We went to watch Skyfall and for some dinner. Great film
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    although not rural I am up a dark tree dripping wet path, with unlit steps to get to my door. In over 20 years only had one lot, and they came with their mum

However I notice my wheeelie bin has gone a few yards down the path this morning
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It was so cold, windy and wet so there weren't many kids out! Which is lucky really as I'd bought no sweets for them, knowing full well i'd eat the majority, just like last year when I did buy loads and no one turned up!
  • Ejwelton
    Options
    It was so cold, windy and wet so there weren't many kids out! Which is lucky really as I'd bought no sweets for them, knowing full well i'd eat the majority, just like last year when I did buy loads and no one turned up!

That's what happened to us last year. That's why we went out this time
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    The year before last we ran out if sweets, so last year we stocked up and had no one!

Sods law! I am going to watch it this weekend, so I wont be disappointed? I am mainly going to perv on Daniel Craig to be honest :laugh:
  • Ejwelton
    Options

Sods law! I am going to watch it this weekend, so I wont be disappointed? I am mainly going to perv on Daniel Craig to be honest :laugh:

Ooh yes. There are plenty of opportunities to do that!!
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    1. 1 small group of trick or treaters (3 kids and an adult), and one of them kids couldnt come down the path because he was disabled. Had i known this would have been it, they could have taken the whole basket of goodies.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Damn Halloween

Bought a bag of chocolates for the trick or treaters...

So far not one has knocked on but so far I have eaten 3 chocolate bars..

If by 10 no one has come I am throwing this bag away...what happened to the days when kids treat or treated??

Ungrateful children :laugh:

I had 3 bags of Haribo Tangtastics and parents accompany the kids round. Loads of kids down the street so I said they could have 3 or so, to leave some for everyone else and one of the parents commented (quite rudely) "Well you should have bought more then"
    Sainsbury's were all out of the giant tubs when I went down to get stuff... and I pointed that and the fact that I am freelance so not made of money... to which same parent told me curtly that I should have shopped earlier!

Stopped that party of kids from having any more, and gave all I had left to the next batch to share out amongst themselves... THOSE parents came back 5 mins later with half a bag and gave it back saying the kids had divided up the sweets about 5 each and had all agreed they had enough and go give me some sweets back because of the rude man before making me sad (aww bless)...

How are some kids supposed to grow up with manners with knobby parents like that?